Setting up your profile is the first step to becoming active in your community. Your user profile provides other community members with an easy way to learn about your experience, skills, and interests. Your profile shows up in search results when other members search for keywords contained in your profile. You can update your information at any time.
To set up your profile:
- Click the drop down next to your name or avatar.
- Choose the Edit Profile link
- Add two photos at least. The first photo will be a banner style, like the Cover Photo on Facebook. The second will be a traditional profile photo. Choose an avatar. There is an option to use your profile photo as an avatar, or choose from the list. Make sure you click Finished at the end of every tab.
- Click the second tab. Fill in as much profile information as you like. All required fields (marked) will need to be filled in before you can save the profile. Note that your profile will be found when people search, so if you have professional roles or interests that would be useful for others to know, be sure to include them. Your community manager may set up certain fields for you, such as your username, and you may not be able to edit them.
- Click Save.
- Click the drop down again and choose Preferences
- Choose the digests that you are interested in and email notifications you want to receive
Update: Our Fully Stocked Badge is associated with filling out every field in your profile, and comes with 50 points!
Keep in Mind: Your WHOLE Profile is not shared with all users! When filling out your profile, you'll see which parts are visible only to you, those that available only to friends, and those available to all registered users.
That's why you'll want to follow contacts you admire and have shared interests with, once they follow you, you'll gain an extended view of each other's profiles.