- Status Update Overview
- Create A Status Update
- View All Status Updates
- Who Can See Status Updates?
- Why Update Your Status?
- Status Updates Versus Discussions
Status Update Overview
Create A Status Update
See all recent activity and where you can update your status from the news area, clicking into the Most Recent activity or any other news stream.
Click Create in the bottom left corner of the Jive Mobile App
View All Status Updates
Who Can See Status Updates?
Anyone in the community can see your status updates. They are totally visible so should be considered the same as the kind of content you might tweet.
Why Update Your Status?
Status updates let other people in the community know what's going on right now in a short form. Updates provide a great way to communicate what you're up to by using a quick, specific message, such as "We went live today! " or "Teaching a training class all day!" Post a new update as frequently as you want. You can use plain text, include links, or even add a picture: add an @mention if you want to make sure your status shows up in the right people's Communications area.
Status updates let you interact with others in the community. You can also delete your own updates, see who liked them, see other people's updates, and several other fancy things.
- Interact with Others from Status Updates
- Comment on, share, follow, or repost a status update by clicking any of these commands in the footer of the update (yours or others'). This is a fun way to engage with other community members. You can Like, Comment, Report, or Share
- Delete Your Status Update
- Delete your own update by going to your Inbox and clicking on the time stamp in the update (for example, "posted 2 hours ago"). From the permalink page, click Delete. You can also delete an update by going to your user profile View Profile and clicking Activity > Status Updates. From there, click the update's time stamp, and then Delete.
- See Who Liked Your Status Update
- Click the number next to Like in your status update to see the people who liked it.
- Use Tags in Your Status Updates
- Insert a tag(s) in your update by preceding keywords with a hashtag (#) so that you and others can find the update more easily later. For more on tagging, see No Time To Waste: More Details on the Power of Tags
- Filter by Status Updates
- Filter any of your attention streams by selecting Status Updates. You can also see status updates in the Community Activity and Popular Updates widgets.
- See Someone Else's Status Updates
- Click a person's avatar or name from any of your attention streams, or search for the person from the People finder or spotlight search box. Click on the person's name to go to their profile page, then click Activity > Status Updates.
Status Updates Versus Discussions
Here's how I would distinguish when you would use a Status Update versus a discussion:
- Status Updates - quick notes on what is happening, query on where to ask something, etc. Similar to tweets and status updates on Facebook. Think of a sticky note left on a desk or bulletin board. Not editable - though you can delete!
- Discussions/Questions - full blown dialogues (discussion threads) or questions asked to the community looking for feedback. Longer length, editable, and easier to mark as helpful, mark as a question, mark as an answered question. While status updates allow for comments, it's not the main point.
Can I comment on someone's status?
Can I reply to a comment?
Can I filter the Universal Search function by status updates?
No - nor can you do so in mobile
Will Status Updates come up in search?
Yes, they are included in search, you just can't filter to only see Status Updates in your results.