cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Can Community User Type be defaulted when creating an Idea?

Jump to solution

By default when creating an idea there is an option to indicate which type of community user you are 'Customer/Partner/SMax. Can this be defaulted based on the community login you are using?

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 1 of 6
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Can Community User Type be defaulted when creating an Idea?

Jump to solution

Hi Richard! So Jive got back to me and it looks like they cannot default to a user type. The best I can do is default it to customer member type, and then people can choose if they're not a customer.

Thanks!

---
Check out my signature
- one of the cool new features of our community. Edit yours under "Personal Information".
Message 4 of 6
5 Replies
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Hi, Nicole Guzzo​ , any ideas on this one? Is there a way for you to feed items like this back to the Jive Team?

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 2 of 6
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi there! Exploring this idea right now on the Jive Community! I'll get back to you ASAP.

---
Check out my signature
- one of the cool new features of our community. Edit yours under "Personal Information".
Message 3 of 6
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi Richard! So Jive got back to me and it looks like they cannot default to a user type. The best I can do is default it to customer member type, and then people can choose if they're not a customer.

Thanks!

---
Check out my signature
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Thanks Nicole, on the 80/20 rule, most of the time it will be Customers creating ideas right? So does that therefore sound like a sensible change?

Regards, Richard

Message 5 of 6
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

I completed agree! That's exactly why I made the change!

---
Check out my signature
Message 6 of 6