cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cold weather considerations: What happens to your field team when the snow flies?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cold weather considerations: What happens to your field team when the snow flies?

Hello community members,

I wanted to bring a conversation I was having at a Maximize event here to the community.

When you think about your team out in the field, what particular concerns arise when winter arrives. I live in Vermont where road conditions can vary greatly day by day in the winter months.

Are there employee satisfaction concerns for your field service team you have to think about?

Safety concerns?

Other ways you support and enable your teams to be successful, things you roll out in the winter? 

____

Did you know solutions are the most powerful thing in this community?  When someone answers your question - only you can mark it as a solution.
Help other members find valuable content faster - Mark Responses As Solutions and give out Kudos (Likes)!
Line Chef
Line Chef

User Reply

We provide heavy duty jackets and well maintained vehicles.  Those in snow belt states get 4 wheel drive.  We provide roadside assistance in case they get stuck.  And, if the weather is just too bad, there is plenty of admin to do (paperwork, training, etc.) so they don't go out if it is too dangerous.