cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Defect: Able to change my own membership type

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Community Defect: Able to change my own membership type

While lost in the settings section I was looking under personal and then personal information.

It looks like I can change my own membership type. I haven't tested this as it would likely cause me issues by doing it but it if does in fact work is this not a problem allowing this to be a user editable field?

@Nicole_Guzzo and @deirdre_yee 

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 1 of 5
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Community Defect: Able to change my own membership type

Hi Richard,

That area would change what your membership says, but not your actual access. We have all community members Request Access to gain customer, partner, or ServiceMax employee level access. The membership you are looking at allows us to designate their membership type in a visible way on the profile. But you can't actually gain different levels of access by making that change.

Thanks,

____

Did you know solutions are the most powerful thing in this community?  When someone answers your question - only you can mark it as a solution.
Help other members find valuable content faster - Mark Responses As Solutions and give out Kudos (Likes)!
Message 2 of 5
0 Likes
Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

@deirdre_yee  But does it actually allow a user to save their membership type for display?  That could potentially create some confusion.

---
If you want to get my attention quickly, please be sure to @ me!  @lisa_mercer
   Don't forget to give a thumbs up if you like a post and mark solutions!
Message 3 of 5
0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey all,

I just tried a fix, can you see if this is still do-able?  I think we have it fixed where you can't update your membership type. Let me know! Thanks!

____

Did you know solutions are the most powerful thing in this community?  When someone answers your question - only you can mark it as a solution.
Help other members find valuable content faster - Mark Responses As Solutions and give out Kudos (Likes)!
Message 4 of 5
0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi @deirdre_yee , I can confirm this is no longer changeable.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 5 of 5