cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community News - can updates made by me be filtered out by default?

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Community News - can updates made by me be filtered out by default?

Jump to solution

Is there a way when viewing the news section of the Community to only see activity by other users. I seem to keep having to skip past all the updates, comments and likes I have just made to get to content updated or posted by others.

I don't need the community to tell me I just liked a post one minute ago.

Anyone have any ideas? Is this a setup issue, a feature that needs enabling or just unsupported functionality?

Deirdre Yee​ and Nicole Guzzo​ any thoughts?

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Community News - can updates made by me be filtered out by default?

Jump to solution

I totally understand where you're coming from! I see my username a little too often on that page, but it doesn't look like there's a way to filter your activity out. It's just the way Jive set things up.

I will keep playing around with this section and I'll let you know if I find a workaround!

---
Check out my signature
- one of the cool features of our community. Edit yours under "Personal Information".

View solution in original post

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

I totally understand where you're coming from! I see my username a little too often on that page, but it doesn't look like there's a way to filter your activity out. It's just the way Jive set things up.

I will keep playing around with this section and I'll let you know if I find a workaround!

---
Check out my signature
- one of the cool features of our community. Edit yours under "Personal Information".

View solution in original post

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution
Thanks Nicole, I had a look myself and unfollowed some of the spaces I had previously followed and instead followed them separately in streams. That helped clean my updates out of the following stream. 

Hopefully a future enhancement. Do you have any visibility of their roadmap?

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Great! I currently do not have visibility into their roadmap, but I'm attending a webinar that will review their product roadmap in a few weeks! I'll see if they touch on any of the current questions this community has had.

---
Check out my signature
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Thanks. If there are a few things then maybe a blog post. 

Regards, Richard