cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Content for non-English Speakers

I have been a member of the French Language group Communauté Francophone du Field Service on the community for some time now, despite my school level French. It feels to me like the Community is a great place to share content that users in countries where English is not the first language can benefit from. While many of the super users and high level management users will most likely have a good grasp of English, the end users they are communicating with may not.

A task of sharing with your users or managers what the new ServiceMax enhancements are becomes rather more of a chore if you have to record your own voice-over for a video and then edit it in for example.

Therefore I have started this discussion to see what appetite there is out there to fill some of this gap??

The initial drive for this came from a blog post by Mauro Paretti

The View From Southern Europe: Field Service in Italy, France, Spain and Portugal

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 1 of 5
4 Replies
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Re: Content for non English Speakers

So to kick things off, with an idea. Could the feature overview videos for the new ServiceMax releases have a French, German, Spanish etc voiceover recorded and be published on the Community? I am sure the recordings of them follow a script. This could be given to a bilingual ServiceMax employee or a keen customer to translate and record and then be placed over the original video.

Sarah PerrochatProduct Hub

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 2 of 5
Employee
Employee

Re: Content for non-English Speakers

Richard - I think you are spot on.  I've seen many customers needing content to non-English as they expand into APAC.

• If a post is useful, please give a thumbs up!   

• Be sure to mark correct answers as 'solutions'!   

• If you want to get my attention on a post quickly, be sure to @ mention me!  @lisa_mercer

Message 3 of 5
Employee
Employee

Patrice Eberline​  This thread may be relevant for some of your endeavors such as Virtual ride alongside.

• If a post is useful, please give a thumbs up!   

• Be sure to mark correct answers as 'solutions'!   

• If you want to get my attention on a post quickly, be sure to @ mention me!  @lisa_mercer

Message 4 of 5
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mauro Paretti​, Sarah Perrochat​ and Chris Palmer​, please review this thread, do you have any ideas for the existing content we can share here in the community and insights into what might be on the horizon for content that supports non-english speakers?

Thanks!

____

Did you know solutions are the most powerful thing in this community?  When someone answers your question - only you can mark it as a solution.
Help other members find valuable content faster - Mark Responses As Solutions and give out Kudos (Likes)!
Message 5 of 5