cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Password Reset for Communities.

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Customer Password Reset for Communities.

Jump to solution

I have a customer who received the link and signed up for the Communities.  He doesn't remember his password so has requested the password reset using his company's email.  But he never receives an email for the password reset.  Any suggestions I can provide him? deirdre.yee

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Customer Password Reset for Communities.

Jump to solution

Hello deanna.savon‌, thanks for letting me know. There are a variety of factors that can prevent the email from coming in.  The most common is a block from the customer mail server. Jive has shared with me logs that show that some email notifications successfully get sent out from Jive but are blocked on the receiving mail server. Could you let me know who has encountered this issue and I will work to enable them!  For other customers or members who are seeing similar problems, I recommend that you be in touch with your IT helpdesk and see if emails from any of these addresses are being blocked: root@localhost, root@localhost.phx1.jivehosted.com

____

Did you know solutions are the most powerful thing in this community?  When someone answers your question - only you can mark it as a solution.
Help other members find valuable content faster - Mark Responses As Solutions and give out Kudos (Likes)!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hello deanna.savon‌, thanks for letting me know. There are a variety of factors that can prevent the email from coming in.  The most common is a block from the customer mail server. Jive has shared with me logs that show that some email notifications successfully get sent out from Jive but are blocked on the receiving mail server. Could you let me know who has encountered this issue and I will work to enable them!  For other customers or members who are seeing similar problems, I recommend that you be in touch with your IT helpdesk and see if emails from any of these addresses are being blocked: root@localhost, root@localhost.phx1.jivehosted.com

____

Did you know solutions are the most powerful thing in this community?  When someone answers your question - only you can mark it as a solution.
Help other members find valuable content faster - Mark Responses As Solutions and give out Kudos (Likes)!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Thanks Deirdre - it is Jeff Moore at Kodak Alaris (KA) (his email is jeffrey.moore@kodakalaris.com).  I'm not sure if anyone else at KA are having any issues.  Thanks again! deirdre.yee

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Please see the updated guide on making sure notifications from this community don't get blocked - we are changing our notification email address on Monday, November 23rd: Get Email Notifications from Jive: White List to Get Verification Emails and More!

____