Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dec 2017 Community Updates Feedback

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Dec 2017 Community Updates Feedback

HI all, starting a discussion to get everyone's feedback on the new updates to the Community.

What do you like or dislike, love or hate?

Add your comments and join the discussion.

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Re: Dec 2017 Community Updates Feedback

Dislike

Looking at the homepage there are two links 'Browse' and 'About' that take you to the same place. This doesn't feel like a good use of the homepage real estate?

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager

It should take you to do different places! Can you double check? I just refreshed it!

Browse should take you to Browse

About should take you to About This Community

---
Check out my signature
- one of the cool features of our community. Edit yours under "Personal Information".
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Nicole,

The browse option does take you to a sub space within about this community but when you select activity, content, people etc it doesn't give you any meaningful information. I expect people will click on these.

I am also not a fan of the phone image, maybe just me but its the same on both browse and about and it isn't really related to either. We don't share photos on the community really for example. I am not sure I have a better suggestion. Maybe just making the images different for a start?

Regards, Richard

0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

If I am remembering correctly then the menu options have changed to Colllaborate, Learn, Support, Attend, Partner. These clusters are nice and clear and a good grouping.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager

I love that you like this because I was really excited about this change!!

---
Check out my signature
- one of the cool features of our community. Edit yours under "Personal Information".
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Dislike

The recent activity feed on the home page doesn't appear to retain the links such as @ mentions. You cannot click directly through to them and have to open the post first.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you mean that you can see names, but you can't click them?

---
Check out my signature
0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Yes the names are there but they aren't hyperlinks to the users community profiles, like they would be if you were looking at the full post.

0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Dislike

The News section appears to no longer be accessible so no way to search recent updates in the channels and areas I follow. Please correct me if I am wrong but it appears I am limited to the recent activity feed, which is usually filled up with my recent posts by the time I want to browse for other content.

Community Manager
Community Manager

I have it in Field Service Network as an icon, but I was thinking of adding it to the hompage!

---
Check out my signature
0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

I think that would be good. Its hidden at the moment and is a important area for encouraging users to connect with the community and engage with both recent and past content that is relevant to them.

0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Dislike

The ask your question section on the homepage takes you straight into search but there is no clear path after that for someone to make a post and where to ask their question. Is this intended as it feels like there is a break in the user experience, particularly the uninitiated one.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager

I adjusted the wording so that it works with the tool!

---
Check out my signature
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Thanks. Still no clear direction to the uninitated user of how and where to post but I am not sure how to easily include this either.

0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

The recent blog posts and top participants is nicely presented on the home page. Clear and easy to read. This page was quite cluttered before but I think there is a middle ground as there is content missing now.

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Request

Could the Attend menu selection link to upcoming events within the community or could there be another option for this? It would be good to see a list of upcoming events within the community platform and to be able to interact with them and mark attendance etc.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Love it! I think once we have a clear view our event calendar for 2018, we can find the best way to incorporate it into the Community!

---
Check out my signature
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is EXTREMELY helpful! When you stare at something for so long, you start to miss errors here and there, so I would appreciate any feedback! Also, tell me what you like, so I know we did something right!

Thanks!

---
Check out my signature
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Nicole Guzzo​, there was one like

Can you share a summary of the changes that were made as it can be hard sometimes to tell what has changed. I am sure there will be plenty of things we like about it but may not stand out to us at the moment as they just appears a seamless part of the community.

Regards, Richard

Overall the experience has been very good. I suggest to probably include a running banner section on communities home page to publish any important updates. Not sure if you have one already.

eg: Any upcoming critical updates from salesforce that customers need to ignore/not enable as it may impact SMax managed package usage or a new iOS/android version that customers should not be upgrading to as it has compatibility issues with managed package.

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Great suggestion Sharath. It could also include availability date for the next ServiceMax version e.g. ServiceMax Spring 18.