cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you miss anything from the old ServiceMax community?

As we build and develop this space, we are enjoying the benefit of the enthusiastic, opinionated, and knowledgeable feedback of our various members. Many of you have been active in the legacy ServiceMax community, investing time to post conversations, help out other customers, brainstorm together.  Thinking about that space, were there strengths there that we don't yet have in this community? 

Of course we are in early days with this community, which means all new members will need to take some time getting up and running in this new software. But early days also means we have a unique opportunity to get things right - and add the most value possible! So, what did you enjoy most in the legacy ServiceMax Community?

Thanks all!

____
This is a signature, signatures are fun, they appear under every post a community member makes. Some people say things like this in their signature:
~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Update your signature by editing your profile in [Personal information]
Message 1 of 4
3 Replies
Pastry Chef johnw
Pastry Chef

Re: Do you miss anything from the old ServiceMax community?

Deirdre,

This new community has much more power behind it. I liked the idea of categories in the old ServiceMax Community. However, with the use of tags you can flag anything with a category and the search engine seems to respond very fast. you can also add people to a post using the "@" symbol. I'm not much of a hash tag user but if my kids can do it so can I.

Message 2 of 4
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback, John!  I also like the idea of categories and I think there will be a place for them here in the community. I think that it will be good to see the kind of discussions happening in the Support, Network & Share, and Product areas, and see the categories that are emerging.  One thing that can kill communities is creating too many separate buckets - if I post to a group with 5 members and another 100 haven't yet found it and followed it, I'm not going to get much collaboration going.  I'd be interested to hear which categories are most valuable as we move forward, continue growing, and take a look at splicing out areas of interest for these conversations.

Hashtag Convert johnw‌  And all other members: What categories are most important to you, and which do you think will make for large, strong collaboration groups?

____
This is a signature, signatures are fun, they appear under every post a community member makes. Some people say things like this in their signature:
~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Update your signature by editing your profile in [Personal information]
Message 3 of 4
Grill Chef mlealtoo
Grill Chef

Deirdre,

The new Community is Awesome!  

I don't know if others have mentioned it, but it seems that if you were part of the community in the past under a different company - none of your post are available for viewing.  At least that has been my experience now that I'm back.  For example, I joined the community back in 2012, however my profile states I've just joined... and now no longer show the engagement I had with the community.  Just curious as to how this is handled if a community member is making a career change and joining other companies.

Once again, congratulations on the new look and feel and in the progress the community has made since I last logged back in May of 2014.  It feel great to be back with such a great group. 

Cheers!

Mara

Message 4 of 4