cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Employee
Employee

Favorite Places to Vacation?

Whether to view new areas of field service (like the beautiful hydroelectric dams across the country) or to just get out, what are some of your favorite places to vacation?

I personally enjoy:

• Anna Maria Island, Florida for the beaches and sunsets
  • Charleston, South Carolina for the food and history
  • Bend, Oregon for the beautiful, long summers
Message 1 of 14
13 Replies
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Re: Favorite Places to Vacation?

New Zealand, hands down best place in the World!

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 2 of 14
Community Manager
Community Manager

Like everyone, my best travel experiences are always pretty contingent on the people I have with me and the weather we get while visiting. And I oscillate between craving wonderful food and cultural experiences in gorgeous cityscapes, and the great joy of stomping off into the woods. Twist my arm, favorite activity so far has been camping in Colorado, Cape Cod and Vermont. My FAVORITE favorite place is Green River Reservoir, a boat in-only remote camping area, our site has great views, big swimming rocks you can leap off of, fishing, kayaking, etc. 

And no, I won't share that site number!!

____

Did you know solutions are the most powerful thing in this community?  When someone answers your question - only you can mark it as a solution.
Help other members find valuable content faster - Mark Responses As Solutions and give out Kudos (Likes)!
Message 3 of 14
Employee
Employee

I love any new adventures but particularly ones that include beaches, fruity drinks, and fun times.  I'll never pass up London (or anywhere in the UK, really.)  Dream trip is an African safari.  Most of my travel currently centers around my three nieces so I'll be glad when they are in the mood for relaxation instead of amusement parks.  As you can see, there is nothing like getting soaking wet on a log ride!

!

Message 4 of 14
Grill Chef timothy_schrimp
Grill Chef

I have kind of an addition to tent camping so anywhere where I can disconnect  and have some scenery around me is great. I camp several times a year in the Nicolet National Forest in Wisconsin on a Lake. 

Message 5 of 14
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

It has become apparent to me tonight that I vacation in New York more than I have anywhere else with the main reason being so I can go to this bar. 

Death and Co - http://www.deathandcompany.com/

I was there tonight. I love it. My favourite bar in the world. 

(Conscious omission of exclamation marks to be true to my English nature and sensibilities)

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 6 of 14
Employee
Employee

One of my favorites, too!!!!!  (And thankfully I'm solidly from the Midwest so can abuse exclamation points.  I added a few for you, Richard Lewis​!)   I think we need to have a Community Networking meeting there. 

Message 7 of 14
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Thanks Lisa. That would be splendid, providing I could get there of course. 

Regards, Richard

Message 8 of 14
0 Likes
Highlighted
Pastry Chef mmajerus6
Pastry Chef

Havasupai in Arizona.

havasupai_falls.jpg

Message 9 of 14
Grill Chef timothy_schrimp
Grill Chef

That looks like an amazing place to disconnect!

Message 10 of 14