cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pastry Chef johnw
Pastry Chef

Identify ServiceMax employees

After navigating the new community site, I think it would be nice to differentiate between ServiceMax employees and customers. This will help us (customers) to understand who we are chatting with.

Message 1 of 5
4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Identify ServiceMax employees

Hello John,

Great suggestion!  Today we have some functionality that helps with that, but perhaps we can look into further distinguishing the groups. When you hover over a member's name, you'll see the business card view of their profile information, which includes their company. Clicking into their profile also provides a way to view their Member Type. The member types are differentiated by Customer, Employee and Other (no Others yet in the community). Maybe we could consider add Member Type to that business card view.

Inbox___ServiceMax_Community.png

What do you think?

____

Did you know solutions are the most powerful thing in this community?  When someone answers your question - only you can mark it as a solution.
Help other members find valuable content faster - Mark Responses As Solutions and give out Kudos (Likes)!
Message 2 of 5
Pastry Chef johnw
Pastry Chef

Deidre,

I like the updated business card. if there is an easy way to highlight the Employee/customer etc it helps when these posts get really long. if not then at least the hover works.

Message 3 of 5
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey John,

This past week, I attended JiveWorld - the Jive conference where Jivers and other customers shared product updates, best practices, challenges, etc. It was fabulous and I learned so much to apply here. I wanted to let you know that ribbons that appear next to the avatar to differentiate different member types is coming in our next release. I promise to apply it as soon as we go live on that (upgrade will be live by December).  Again, thanks for your suggestion!

____

Did you know solutions are the most powerful thing in this community?  When someone answers your question - only you can mark it as a solution.
Help other members find valuable content faster - Mark Responses As Solutions and give out Kudos (Likes)!
Message 4 of 5
Community Manager
Community Manager

I know this is an old thread, but you'll see that we've implemented the badges for a subset of our community users. ServiceMax employees have the orange figure, like the one next to my name.

ServiceMax Product Managers have a construction hat icon that shows that they are heads of our product strategy. Like  or

We are looking into adding a new group of super users from across our customers, so you can see that these Community Architects have signed up for an advanced role in this community. The distinction will give them additional permissions, ability to create more kinds of content, and reinforce their leadership here in this platform.

____

Message 5 of 5