Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jive Rewards Feedback

Starting this thread as a place to report any issues or suggested enhancements for the new Jive Rewards that is now live on the community.

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Re: Jive Rewards Feedback

When you open your rewards can the quests default to show the quests to be earned rather than the earned quests. in the same way the missions one shows the unearned missions.

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

I see now that even the missions defaults to the earned missions tab once you have earned one or more. Can this be configured to show the unearned as this is what you want to push for. Or even better can it be user customisable?

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

I can see with this feature that once I have level one of all missions i would want to have the earned tab default but have the unearned tab default until this point.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Richard Lewis! I reached out to a Jive Technical Support analyst and he explained that the badges and quests shown are hard coded into the profile theme and because we're on cloud, custom themes to cloud-based instances are limited and don't go as far as adjusting which badges and quests are shown.

Sorry we can't configure it - at least your default view will be very colorful with all your earned badges and quests!

---
Check out my signature
- one of the cool new features of our community. Edit yours under "Personal Information".
0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Nicole, thanks for getting this information for us.

Regards, Richard

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

How do you mark a document helpful? Its one of the Onboading mission tasks and I cant seem to figure it out.

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

I tried around for a little bit but was not able to get it to trigger either.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Timothy Schrimpf​ and Richard Lewis​  take a look at a document now - we adjusted a setting on the look and feel and I believe you should see the option now and be able to earn that badge. Let me know if you continue to encounter issues!  Nicole Guzzo​, FYI!

____

Did you know solutions are the most powerful thing in this community?  When someone answers your question - only you can mark it as a solution.
Help other members find valuable content faster - Mark Responses As Solutions and give out Kudos (Likes)!
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

That did it. Thanks Deirdre Yee​!

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

‌ it appears the same thing is happening with discussions. I am not seeing a way to mark a discussion main post as helpful.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there Timothy Schrimpf​! I looked into it and as of right now there's not a way to mark the main discussion post as helpful due to Jive's set up.

If this changes in the future, I will definitely update you!

---
Check out my signature
- one of the cool new features of our community. Edit yours under "Personal Information".
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Thank you Nicole Guzzo​. It will put a slight damper on completing the Contributor Quest in the interim. Just a heads up. 2017-08-14 20_33_25-Your Profile _ ServiceMax Community.png

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Timothy Schrimpf​ - check your quest again! It should now say:

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 9.22.05 AM.png

I look forward to seeing you complete the quest! Thanks for pointing out this bug - we'll be creating a badge for people who catch errors like these. Stay tuned!

---
Check out my signature
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Nicole Guzzo​ I see they are updated on the quest but acting on them does not seem to trigger completion.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello - so I went and explored the issue. You're right, as I marked a document and comment as helpful the quest did not trigger. However, when I selected the quest, clicked on the "Mark a document as helpful" and performed the action, the quest was triggered. Same for mark a comment helpful. For now you can go ahead and try this while I try to figure out the real system error! Thank you for pointing out this bug!

---
Check out my signature
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Thanks Deirdre Yee​. That fixed it! Sadly I now have no more uncompleted quests though...

Community Manager
Community Manager

That is sad!  We'll get on it soon!

____

Did you know solutions are the most powerful thing in this community?  When someone answers your question - only you can mark it as a solution.
Help other members find valuable content faster - Mark Responses As Solutions and give out Kudos (Likes)!
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

A list of all of the missions documenting the details for each would be helpful because at the moment you can only see what is required for each once you have completed one of the defined actions. Deirdre YeeNicole Guzzo

This would further encourage users to get involved in all areas of the community.

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi, Deirdre Yee​ and Nicole Guzzo​, I have a draft of this ready to go. Can you give me access to create a blog post in the About This Community Area? Also there are a few blanks I need a hand filling in that i cant figure out how to get points for.

Regards, Richard

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

I have the full list now of all missions. I am not convinced some of them are working correctly but may just need to clarify some terminology.

Regards, Richard

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes!! We'll get you set up for that permission!

____

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

See this blog post for a full list of missions

No Time To Waste: Missions, Strategies, and Badges, Oh My!

0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Can the completed quests be ordered by most recently earned first?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Richard Lewis​! We're reaching out to Jive to get these questions answered ASAP!

---
Check out my signature
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Is there any way to make certain users, such as ServiceMax Knowledge, unable to earn points. A sort of system user. Or is there a way to have some users earn less points for actions?

I can see from the leaderboard that we are already headed towards being skewed towards certain ServiceMax users being near the top of the leaderboard.

Its not something that bothers me personally too much but it was one of the stated reasons for re baselining.

Nicole Guzzo​ and Deirdre Yee​, any thoughts on this.

Regards, Richard

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

I agree with Richard Lewis this would be detrimental to encouraging the community to become more interactive within the community.

Community Manager
Community Manager

It's a fair point! I'm looking into the functionality available and the best strategy forward.  The main driver should be tied to activity - not to membership type. Those in here the most often, clicking and replying should float to the top, at least on a daily level. With that model, the leaderboard helps members see where they may find those members who are the most likely to get back and spend the most time in here. 

Of course all of automatic gamification elements aren't 100% configurable and one of the minor issues is that the act of community management is something that racks up the points. I am considering taking Nicole and myself out of the running, or to manually dock our points every so often, but that's a bit clunky and weird. I may just exclude us. 

I won't do that for other ServiceMax folks, because I still see value in seeing the top most active users across the audience type.

We'll keep awarding customers more points in manual badges where we customize the point levels. Our gamification options do not extend to awarding more or less points by membership type.

Great points and ideas - thank you all! Keep them coming!!

____

0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Deirdre Yee,  I agree do that the ServiceMax employees should not be changed. We want to encourage them to post and interact as well. ServiceMax Knowledge, this was more what I was referring to as a system user. The badges look to be doing some balancing to the leaderboard already.

Does Jive have any functionality to show the top users of the day or the week based on points earned? So different leaderboards.

As it stands if a person earns a lot of points and then for example gets a new job and stops interacting they will remain at the top of the main leaderboard which they should but there isnt a current leaderboard for users to look at like you have stated is one of your intended uses of the leaderboards.

By the way I really like the communityallstars blogs and badges that Nicole Guzzo is leading. This is a great way to encourage and highlight contributions and interaction with the community!

Regards, Richard

Good distinction, Richard. Recent leader vs. all-time leader.