Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jive mobile app - how to view a video?

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jive mobile app - how to view a video?

Jump to solution

I am unsure if I doing something incorrect or if it is just unsupported but when I try to view a video embedded in a post when I am using the jive iPhone app it will not load. Is there a defect, user error or is this unsupported functionality?

‌ and ‌ are you able to assist?

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Jive mobile app - how to view a video?

Jump to solution

Hi Richard Lewis‌ and Deirdre Yee‌, because of how the videos are embedded on the blog post you can't view it in the mobile app. However, the videos are uploaded to the community, which you should be able to view!

Please check out this video and let me know if you're unable to watch it! Video Link : 1494

I also left comments on both of those blog posts so other users are sent directly to the uploaded videos.

Thanks!

---
Check out my signature
- one of the cool features of our community. Edit yours under "Personal Information".

View solution in original post

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hello Richard,

I believe you are right and this is a limitation of the iPhone app. I am experiencing it myself when using my phone to view ServiceMax & GE Digital – Where We’ve Been and Where We’re Going, Part 1 

Nicole, can you confirm with Jive if this is a known limitation and if it is on their roadmap to fix?

Let me see what the best workaround is for this!

____

Did you know solutions are the most powerful thing in this community?  When someone answers your question - only you can mark it as a solution.
Help other members find valuable content faster - Mark Responses As Solutions and give out Kudos (Likes)!
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

I am seeing no issue where we have videos posted as the video content type. I can view them fine here from the iPhone app, like the recent Education video: Enabling Condition based PM Plans .

____

Did you know solutions are the most powerful thing in this community?  When someone answers your question - only you can mark it as a solution.
Help other members find valuable content faster - Mark Responses As Solutions and give out Kudos (Likes)!
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Deirdre Yee , this is the post I was having trouble viewing. 

ServiceMax & GE Digital – Where We’ve Been and Where We’re Going, Part 2 

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi Richard Lewis‌ and Deirdre Yee‌, because of how the videos are embedded on the blog post you can't view it in the mobile app. However, the videos are uploaded to the community, which you should be able to view!

Please check out this video and let me know if you're unable to watch it! Video Link : 1494

I also left comments on both of those blog posts so other users are sent directly to the uploaded videos.

Thanks!

---
Check out my signature
- one of the cool features of our community. Edit yours under "Personal Information".

View solution in original post

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution
Hi Nicole,

The link doesn't seem to work for me. I click on play and it doesn't do anything. Does it work for you?

Regards, Richard

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

It's working on mine! That's super strange that it's not loading on yours. Could you comment with a screenshot? I could take this to Jive support! 

---
Check out my signature
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution
Hi Nicole, it works now. Must be a hotel internet issue. Let me know if you get any news from Jive about enabling viewing of embedded videos. 

Regards, Richard