Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making new connections on the Community

Highlighted
Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

Making new connections on the Community

Hi, everybody!  I'd like to welcome Guy Tanguay​ to the Community!  I've given him a tour and overview of the Community and he is ready to jump in and start networking (and start earning points and badges.....watch out Richard Lewis​!)

If you have any tips on how you get the biggest benefit from Community, connections that you've found helpful, suggestions on people to follow please share in the comments. 

Thanks!

---
If you want to get my attention quickly, please be sure to @ me!  @lisa_mercer

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Re: Making new connections on the Community

Hello Guy Tanguay​. Welcome! I try to visit the community once a day to see what's happening and see if there are any issues I can help with. On Monday, I saw a post from a community user that caught my eye and less than 24 hours later, the issue was affecting our sandboxes. So, in short, the community is a great way to stay ahead of issues for your company and to collaborate with other users facing the same challenges supporting their service organization.

Practically, the Search functionality in the community works very well. Also, you can bookmark and follow posts which makes it easy to stay up to date on any new developments. From a points perspective, the best way to earn points is to participate! Jump in and share your experiences both technical and business process. We are all learning from each other and everyone has something valuable to share!

bio-rad community engagement​

Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

Thanks, Michael Majerus​!

---

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

How do I allow other people from Eastern Lift Truck to be contributors to the Idea Exchange?

0 Likes
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hello Guy Tanguay​. Any community user can contribute Ideas. Once the others sign up for a Community Account, they can create the Idea and also tag you and the company using the '@' symbol for tagging users, and the '#' for tagging subjects or companies. Then you can all vote up each other's Ideas to get more attention with other users and the SMax Product team.

To note, if you want to tag multi-word company names, you can use a '-' or an '_' to separate the words, or just run the words together with no spaces.

bio-rad​ ideas​

0 Likes
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

June Tracy​, FYI

0 Likes
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Thank you for this information; however, when another user tries Collaberate -> Idea Exchange she is getting Unauthorized message.

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Good morning Guy Tanguay​. Who is the user that cannot create an Idea? Copying Nicole Guzzo​ and Deirdre Yee​, the Community Managers who can help from here.

0 Likes
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

June Tracy​ is the user in question.  Thank you for your assistance.

Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

Guy Tanguay​ I'm happy to help get June Tracy​ squared away.

Deirdre Yee​ It looks like June Tracy's account is tagged as a Guest Member account rather than a ServiceMax Customer account. Could you please help us get her account moved to a customer account? Thanks!

---

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

HI Guy Tanguay​, welcome to the community. I have been looking over my shoulder for you! I hope are are getting on well so far.

I wrote a blog a while ago about Salesforce Navigation which you may find useful. It is focused on Classic rather than Lightning.

javascript:;

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~