cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications, notifications, notifications (here in the community)

Community Manager
Community Manager

Notifications, notifications, notifications (here in the community)

Hello community members,

Have you stretched out your legs in our new platform? There are a series of things we are very excited about in this platform, and some things that are different from when we hosted the ServiceMax Community from Jive (the community before March 2019). And there are some features we are missing or working to improve upon. 

I want to start a thread about notifications, so we can all share thoughts, questions, ideas, and input about how notifications in this community work. It's likely we'll develop a more formal guide out fo this thread and topic, but I wanted to start the conversation here.  Let's chat about the BEST way to set up notifications, your best set up, what's working well, tips and tricks,  the annoying things we don't like, the improvements we want to see, and the specific features we can leverage to make this community useful, relevant and not blasting our inboxes

____

Did you know solutions are the most powerful thing in this community?  When someone answers your question - only you can mark it as a solution.
Help other members find valuable content faster - Mark Responses As Solutions and give out Kudos (Likes)!
Message 1 of 3
0 Likes
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Notifications, notifications, notifications (here in the community)

New Feature: Mute all notifications for specific community threads

From time to time, a particular community post/thread can get lots of activity. So much, in fact, that some members can get inundated with activity notifications (for edits, replies, messages). When this happens, members can now opt to mute the thread temporarily or permanently.

To mute notifications on a particular thread:

1. Sign in to the community and go to the thread you want to mute.
  2. Open the Options menu and click Mute.
    MuteThread1.jpg
  3. To restore notifications on this thread, open the Options menu again and click Unmute.

Members can easily review and manage all their muted items from their "My Subscriptions" page:

1. Sign in to the community and go to My Settings.
  2. Click Subscriptions & Notifications.
  3. On the My Subscriptions tab, click Manage Muted Items.
    MuteThread2.jpg
  4. In the list of muted items, click Delete (trashcan icon) for each thread you’d like to unmute.

____

Did you know solutions are the most powerful thing in this community?  When someone answers your question - only you can mark it as a solution.
Help other members find valuable content faster - Mark Responses As Solutions and give out Kudos (Likes)!
Message 2 of 3
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Re: Notifications, notifications, notifications (here in the community)

Hi @deirdre_yee , how about the ability to reply to the post email with MUTE to mute the thread? That would be cool.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 3 of 3