cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sushi Chef jphillips
Sushi Chef

ServiceMax Community is an Awesome Tool

Are there any plans or is it even a possibility to have a simple live forum area for real-time interactions with other community users? I'm talking messenger service type interaction.

Message 1 of 5
4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: ServiceMax Community is an Awesome Tool

Hi Joshua!  Great question! We don't have immediate plans for adding a chat function, though I think it could be really useful at some point in the future.  I'll keep you updated. One option we do have is the ability to schedule events via the community, inviting everyone in a space (like Network and Share‌) or just a few individuals, and connecting that to a WebEx.

What types of conversations do you think would most benefit from real time collaboration? Other community members, please feel free to weigh in - What topics do you want to collaborate about and which types of interactions (real-time, blogs, discussion threads, polls, etc) are the best fit for your needs?

Events.png

____
This is a signature, signatures are fun, they appear under every post a community member makes. Some people say things like this in their signature:
~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Update your signature by editing your profile in [Personal information]
Message 2 of 5
Employee
Employee

We should look into having ServiceMax Community LIVE CHAT sessions kind of like an "Ask the Experts" virtual session and we could even have more focused sessions on specific ServiceMax modules a lot like some of the MaxLive Best Practice sessions but only Virtual.

Message 3 of 5
Sushi Chef jphillips
Sushi Chef

I don't know about others but I would like to have a live session, be it chat or webex, to go over PM plans and setting them up properly. I've watched some Youtube videos on the subject and attempted it multiple times but I've been told it is a meticulous monster. If someone with experience could go through a successful PM setup on an IP that results in the creation of work orders when they should be created that would be great! I've watched the video with Stephen (? I believe his name is) but it seems to only touch the subject at a 30k view to cover basics.

A few other topics:

1. Best practices for using Chatter in everyday ServiceMax use

-How has others used it to improve their interactions

2. Batch SFM process and its potential uses

3. Reporting...where it is and where it might be headed

-Personally, I find Salesforce/ServiceMax reporting to be very dynamic to a point. But the user interface could use some more work (and it may be because I don't fully understand the programming behind it)

-The output is messy when summarizing but wanting to see detailed information

-Why do formulas only work when you have Summary or Matrix reports

-Simple arithmetic of fields seems to be lacking (i.e., I'd like to take my Total Cost from an IP's work orders and divide by the avg. usage of that IP per month for a simple Cost Per Hour). Some things seem      unattainable without creating the field on the object. Which I get to an extent.

Message 4 of 5
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joshua,

These are a great set of topics.  Let's start one at a time and build this up as we get people interested and excited!

____
This is a signature, signatures are fun, they appear under every post a community member makes. Some people say things like this in their signature:
~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Update your signature by editing your profile in [Personal information]
Message 5 of 5
0 Likes