cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Using the Jive app to share content

Jump to solution

I was wondering if anyone had successfully used the Jive app to share content with other ServiceMax Community users? I have been trying to use this with a user I know I am connected to and I receive an error. Is anyone else seeing this issue or am I maybe doing this wrong?

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 1 of 7
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Using the Jive app to share content

Jump to solution

It's a fair point and I understand where that would be more useful for you. We do have some logic behind that choice for this community. We have a diverse set of audiences in the community across different areas. The connections function allows you to participate and choose who can see details like your email address and other nuanced profile detail.

To go a little bit deeper on why we built it this way, we have guests in the community in the Info Center area, we even have content visible to anyone in the public in those areas and discoverable by search engines. Because of this, we want to allow members to control who can see what in their profile. Messaging is tied up in access to email addresses and other nuanced profile details. When you become a connection for someone else, you gain access to those details and functionality like that, before that, your advanced profile details are hidden.

____
This is a signature, signatures are fun, they appear under every post a community member makes. Some people say things like this in their signature:
~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Update your signature by editing your profile in [Personal information]
Message 7 of 7
6 Replies
Line Chef rebekah_khan
Line Chef

Jump to solution

Hey Richard,

I'm a test customer user, and I'm looking into this experience by sharing content with you via the iPad app. I've been taking screenshots I'll share here (this is Deirdre Yee  in disguise, as you know). Did you see two items, that I shared Patrice Eberline's business case video with you, and that I @mentioned you in a comment there? Did you see both of those?

Message 2 of 7
0 Likes
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

I saw the building a business case video you shared. 

Message 3 of 7
0 Likes
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

I also have the at mention so both of your shares have worked. 

Message 4 of 7
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
Ah hah! I see what the issue was, thank you Richard Lewis for helping me to investigate! It is all about who you have made connections with. In other words, which contacts you have followed who have followed you back. Each member that you follow who also follows you is a connection (also referred to as a friend here in Jive) and you can interact with them in an advanced way. Particularly in the mobile apps! You can share with them and message them. For everyone that hasn't followed you yet, don't worry you can still be in touch and highlight content to them. For any community member you haven't yet connected with, you can @Mention them in a comment. For example, if I didn't follow Colby Lavin  or he hasn't yet, I can still generate a notification to him so he sees this post. In fact, that's what I just did. Hi Colby! 

Great question, Richard! I'll work on some assets that detail the value of connections here in the community. Can you tell me what kind of content you plan to share with others here, and which kinds of contacts you'll be connecting with? 

____
This is a signature, signatures are fun, they appear under every post a community member makes. Some people say things like this in their signature:
Message 5 of 7
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

I was looking to use the share function to send posts or knowledge articles to other users. Maybe fellow Pitney Bowes employees or other users I have interacted with at events. I may not want to follow them but I may want to connect with them. I see using the share option as a better way than mentioning them in a comment. The comment would not have relevance to anyone else reading the thread as it would be purely to share the content. This may be a limitation of how the community is currently setup but I personally would share more content if who I shared it with was not visible 

Message 6 of 7
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

It's a fair point and I understand where that would be more useful for you. We do have some logic behind that choice for this community. We have a diverse set of audiences in the community across different areas. The connections function allows you to participate and choose who can see details like your email address and other nuanced profile detail.

To go a little bit deeper on why we built it this way, we have guests in the community in the Info Center area, we even have content visible to anyone in the public in those areas and discoverable by search engines. Because of this, we want to allow members to control who can see what in their profile. Messaging is tied up in access to email addresses and other nuanced profile details. When you become a connection for someone else, you gain access to those details and functionality like that, before that, your advanced profile details are hidden.

____
Message 7 of 7