cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome! Introduce Yourself and Follow Other Community Members!

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome! Introduce Yourself and Follow Other Community Members!

Welcome to the ServiceMax Community, a space for exchanging advice and best practices, and generating group learning and innovation around Field Service success!

Take a moment to introduce yourself here. You can browse the thread and hover over other members' names to see their business card detail. Click in to view their whole profile, or just take a moment to Follow community members with similar interests, business goals, organizations, and field service challenges to build a network!

New Members: Consider sharing the following:

• Name: What's your name, title, and company?
  • Fun Fact: Where do you live, what's one thing you enjoy doing, or a funny fact about your life, family, friends, or hobbies?
  • Your Team and Goals: What are your main focuses right now, your top business objectives and goals?
  • Topics of Interest: What are some topics of interest (that you'd want to collaborate with other members on?
  • One Question You'd Like Members to Weigh in on:  What is one thing you'd like to ask

Follow1.png

____

Did you know solutions are the most powerful thing in this community?  When someone answers your question - only you can mark it as a solution.
Help other members find valuable content faster - Mark Responses As Solutions and give out Kudos (Likes)!
Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Re: Welcome! Introduce Yourself and Follow Other Community Members!

Hello ServiceMax Community!--

My name is Joshua Phillips (I go by Josh to my peers, please feel free to address me as such). I'm the business systems developer and System Admin for Material Handling Services which is a company providing service, management and fleet services covering a wide range of customer needs in logistics, material handling equipment and dock/door coverage.

I live in Toledo, Ohio. We are in the middle of a multi-company deployment of ServiceMax/Salesforce across 5 separate, unique uses so I've been rather busy with those. When I'm not working on that I'm spending time with my family, running, golfing or learning (you can never have too much knowledge, right?!).

This community has already proved to be a great tool and source of information. I'm a go-getter and like to find solutions for things quickly and this provides a great source for speeding up that process. I'm really intrigued by APEX programming within ServiceMax so I've been trying to teach myself this aspect. If anyone has any good resources for assisting with that I'd be interested. Other areas I'm interested in are PM plans, Service Contracts, how you utilize Installed Product tracking and tips and tricks for doing things more efficiently. One big thing is the use of GPS as they relate to Installed Products. Also, what are the go-to Apps out there that you currently use or have tested that you would recommend.

One thing I'd be interested in hearing from other community members on is getting your users to embrace ServiceMax. I'm finding that moving from our legacy systems to ServiceMax has generated a fair amount of excitement but that old habits die hard.

Glad to be here and looking forward to many fun, engaging interactions with you all!

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Hello Community Members,

This is Bret Cowan, Operations Manager and Salesforce Admin (and ServiceMax as well) for Heat Transfer Solutions.  We are a commercial boiler sales and service company based in Huntington Beach, CA.

We have been active with ServiceMax for 3 years now and I have been impressed with the level of involvement by SM and its people.  The community has been a great resource and I look forward to its growth and expanded knowledge/usage.  The support teams have been extremely responsive to our issues and needs over the years and I can not thank them enough.  We have hosted 2 separate ride alongs with SM and feel like they were engaged and listening.  If anyone has the opportunity to host, I highly suggest it.

As for myself, outside work its about family and sports (watching English Premier League Soccer, NFL, MLB or playing soccer and softball)

Happy to talk sports, ServiceMax or whatever.  Looking forward to the discussions here.

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Hello Community,

My name is Timothy Schrimpf and I am a Business Analyst for Pitney Bowes. My Primary focus up until this February has been the call center side of things but now includes Field Service. I hope to learn more about the Field Service side of things through the community as well as hopefully contribute my own insights as well. In my spare time I enjoy the outdoors and PC gaming in my spare time as well as a little reading here and there. I look forward to the discussions and meeting new people .

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Re: Welcome!  Introduce Yourself and Follow Other Community Members!

Welcome to the Community Tim. I see you are quite active already. Keep it up! There are great ServiceMax customers, partners and employees here and lots of information to absorb and share.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Highlighted
Retired
Retired

Hi guys. I'm Mike and I'm a product manager at ServiceMax. I'm here to listen to the community and to connect. At work, I'm focused on our mobile apps. Outside of work, my number one focus is on raising two boys.

Reach out to me and tell me how things are going with ServiceMax – the good and the bad. I'd love to hear from you.

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Mike, 

Welcome to the Community. I look forward to reading your future posts about exciting upcoming product developments or your feedback on our ideas.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Highlighted
Product Team
Product Team

Hello everyone! I'm Darrin - the new UX Designer. Today is my second day and I'm already starting to feel at home. I look forward to designing meaningful solutions with the product team whether it be iOS or Android, phone or tablet!

On my free time, I like to keep up with new trends in technology so come talk to me if you're also interested by cool new tech. I also have a hobby collecting and building mechanical keyboards.

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Darrin Lin

Welcome to the Community! I look forward to seeing your impact on the UX Design. There are some ideas out there that hopefully you will be able to make a reality. The below for example:

FSA App - Week View Events

Regards, Richard

Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Welcome Darrin!

Lots of ideas from us about UI/UX too

Highlighted
Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

Hi, Darrin!  Great to see you in the Community!  The Customer Success Team looks forward to working with you!

---
If you want to get my attention quickly, please be sure to @ me!  @lisa_mercer

0 Likes
Highlighted
Line Chef
Line Chef

Hello everyone!

My name is Mirza Alagic and I am a Business Unit Administrator for the Global Service Organization at Pitney Bowes.

I live in Spokane Washington but was born in the Yugoslavia (now Bosnia), I've lived in Germany for 7 years and my family immigrated to the United States when in 1999. I have always had an interest in web development since I got my hands on my first computer running Windows 3.1. When I was in my teens I spent a lot of time learning HTML, CGI, Php, Java and some VB building fan sites for various hobbies including setting up message boards and CMS portals (Php Nuke, Joomla etc)

I began working with ServiceMax in 2015 and love the flexibility and customization options available.

My goals are to learn the application inside out and become certified.

Looking forward to being part of the community!

Cheers

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Glad to see you have joined the community Mirza Alagic! I look forward to seeing you around. This is a great place to network and knowledge share.

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Welcome Mirza, enjoy interacting with the community. 

Regards, Richard

Highlighted
Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

Hi, Mirza!  Welcome to the Community!  Lots of great information available here

---
If you want to get my attention quickly, please be sure to @ me!  @lisa_mercer

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Hi Community Members!

My name is Sherif Agib.  Just recently hired with ServiceMax as the new Service Manager for the Global Delivery Center.  I've been in the software service space for roughly 12 years now, and have enjoyed every minute of it!

I'm excited to be a part of the ServiceMax community, and looking forward to meeting and working alongside our great customers!

Regards,

-Sherif

0 Likes
Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Sherif, welcome to the Community and to ServiceMax.

I look forward to reading your contributions

Regards, Richard

Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Hello Community Members,

This is Scott Willis, of Relevant Solutions. Formally I work Shared Services for our entire org, but primarily serve as the ServiceMax admin for our Rotating Equipment Division which is the Houston Distributor for Ingersoll Rand.  My original niche was ERP data discipline, process improvement, and reporting, but I have really enjoyed getting familiar with ServiceMax over the past 2 years. I only recently began to engage the community and only wish I'd have done so sooner. I live in relational data warehouses, love the challenge of cross-platform reporting, love to see things automated in the simplest way possible, and have ocd when I see unsolved problems or unanswered questions.

I am a New Orleans ex-pat turned Texan. My wife and 3 kids are wonderful for putting up with my SQL and API habits.

I look forward to hearing any experiences and seeing solutions here with the comfort of knowing they are based on real-world scenarios and experiences.

My question for the community is how would you explain a database in three sentences to your eight-year-old nephew.

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Scott, welcome!

My boss likes to describe Salesforce as follows. There is a table which is the platform. Under it are boxes of data and each one is a different object. 

If you want a relational database description you would need to think of something for the relationships. 

Regards, Richard

Highlighted
Retired
Retired

Welcome to the community, Scott. Love your passion! My son is 7. This is how I would explain a relational database to him.

When we want to remember a lot of information, like the names and phone numbers of everyone in your school, we save it on our computer in a database.

Similar information goes in the same table that looks like this (show an Excel spreadsheet) – with one table for student information (name, phone number) and another table for classroom information (grade, room number, teacher).

To show which class each student is in, you can connect them using a special name that we call an identifier, or ID for short, that works like this (show him on the spreadsheet).

I bolded opportunities to throw in some Dr. Evil air quotes.

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Great explaination Mike. Maybe you and Scott could do a video explaination? With you in the role of Dr Evil and Scott in the role of Scott, naturally. 

Regards, Richard

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Hello ServiceMax Community,

Very late in introducing myself here in the Community, but very excited to start my job here at ServiceMax and look forward to working with you in the coming months!

• Name: My name is Eunah Lee and I’m a Staff UX Interaction Designer in Product/UX team at ServiceMax, started on August 7.
  • Fun Fact: I live in San Ramon with my 2 very active boys: 10 and 7 and my husband. I enjoy baking all kinds of goodies with my younger son as he’s aspiring to be a chef when he grows up. Any free time I get, I hit the gym and get on the elliptical machine to sweat it off. Recently my family started biking together in the neighborhood as well as exploring  different trails, ie. Half Moon Bay, Mt Tam,etc. It’s been a great bonding time together.
  • Your Team and Goals: I am currently working on SFM Delivery, SFM Designer and assisting in a few aspects of DC2.0. As I delve and learn deeper into more of the products, my goal is to essentially find the core problems that our customers are having and  come up w/ the most palatable solutions to serve their needs through user centric experiences.
  • Topics of Interest: Process and Collaboration
  • One Question You'd Like Members to Weigh in on:  What aspect of the job do you all love and feel most challenged? Why?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Eunah, welcome to the Community.

I notice on your profile you have no photos of yourself or of your baking :-)

Here is a link to a guide on what to setup to fully stock your profile

Getting Fully Stocked: Setting Up Your Profile

Also another thread you may be interested in asks how you got your start in Field Service.

How Did you Get your Start in Field Service?

Regards, Richard

Highlighted

Name:

Andreas Reinert, Team Lead CRM Service, dormakaba International Holding AG

Fun Fact:

I live in Switzerland, I love car driving, big game fisching and squash, my familie is the importants think in my live.

Your Team and Goals:

We build an global template for the service business and plan to roll out of ServiceMax and a partner portal.

Topics of Interest:

I'm interest over concepts for SAP integrations, mobile szenarios like physical inventory, mobile time entries and to collaborate with other members.

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Welcome to the community Andreas Reinert​ . Globalization is a challenging and rewarding activity. I am a part of optimizing that within our organization right now and it has been a really great learning experience. I wish you luck on your adventure!

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Welcome to the Community Andreas Reinert​, I look forward to reading your posts and sharing in your journey to a single global process. Like Tim I have also been working on this and it is very rewarding when it works out and all of your countries and users are headed in the same direction with the same platform, solution and processes supporting them.

Regards, Richard

0 Likes
Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Hi Colleague,

Welcome as well to this Community and working together on the Globalization for our Company. A big challenge/adventure because of all the Used cases in the different Countries.
Sure, we will get with our team all noses in the right direction. Change management is important for our journey to the single process.

Regards, Hans

Kind Regards,  

Hans van Mil
Senior CRM Solution Consultant ServiceMax | Group IT

Email: hans.vanmil@dormakaba.com