cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

What is the FRIEND option on someones profile?

Jump to solution

When I view someones profile I have an option to FRIEND them - what is this? What does it do?

@Nicole_Guzzo , @deirdre_yee 

Capture.PNG

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 1 of 2
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What is the FRIEND option on someones profile?

Jump to solution

Great question @richard_lewis

On Lithium, adding someone as a "friend" makes it so that they can see your online status if you have it set to friends only, and it also shows their online status in your profile page.

Ignoring someone stops that person from sending you private messages (they can send you private messages, but they won't show in your inbox).

I also renamed the feature so it's "CONNECT" and "IGNORE". If you connect with someone, they'll be called a "Connection." (Makes sense! Haha)

You can see what it looks like when your connection is online in the screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 10.35.32 AM.png

---
Check out my signature
- one of the cool new features of our community. Edit yours under "Personal Information".
Message 2 of 2
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What is the FRIEND option on someones profile?

Jump to solution

Great question @richard_lewis

On Lithium, adding someone as a "friend" makes it so that they can see your online status if you have it set to friends only, and it also shows their online status in your profile page.

Ignoring someone stops that person from sending you private messages (they can send you private messages, but they won't show in your inbox).

I also renamed the feature so it's "CONNECT" and "IGNORE". If you connect with someone, they'll be called a "Connection." (Makes sense! Haha)

You can see what it looks like when your connection is online in the screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 10.35.32 AM.png

---
Check out my signature
- one of the cool new features of our community. Edit yours under "Personal Information".
Message 2 of 2