cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Line Chef dan_cattron
Line Chef

What would you have done differently? If you have already gone live with ServiceMax, knowing what you know today, what would you have done differently to make your implementation even more successful?

Hello, my name is Dan Cattron and I have been with Tyco for 29 years working in field service.  I am based in St. Louis Missouri, home of the best baseball team, the Cardinals.  Simple fact about me, I miss coaching girls softball which I did for 8 years.  If you can manage and lead 12 teenage girls for that long, you can do anything.
Message 1 of 2
1 Reply
Fry Chef tom_brennan
Fry Chef

Re: What would you have done differently?  If you have already gone live with ServiceMax, knowing what you know today, what would you have done differently to make your implementation even more successful?

Hi Dan,

We have worked with several customers and seen several implementations.  The most common answers we see are:

• Should have engaged more with the end users during the design phase
  • Should have focused on what end users did and did not like in the old system (this increases adoption)
  • Should have spent more time and effort on fixing the data (cleansing, deduping)
  • Once live, have frequent, relatively small updates (quarterly or every 6 months) that introduce a small number of useful new features that simplify things for the end users or address their complaints.

Tom

Message 2 of 2