cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tracking Customer Ideas for CSMs and CAMs

We've heard your feedback on the Ideas Exchange process, the need for reporting and the limitations within the system. We are actively working with Swetha Tupelly on the Product Team's commitment to the system. This blog post covers content we've discussed in calls. For CAMs and CSMs, it's important to be able to track your customer's ideas in the Ideas Exchange​. Thus, here are two ways you can actively keep up with their posts.

Option One: View all ideas contributed by your customer.

1. Read Finding Customer's Ideas in the Ideas Exchange​.

2. Find your company, click the link.

3. Each idea is tagged by company, so ideally all posts should appear there.

4. Share the link.

This process shows the status, that product updates, is visible. (under construction, delivered, product team review, on the roadmap, etc.) You can also tag ideas by commenting the company name or @mentioning their customer or product. A limitation of this option is the company tagged is only associated with the author. Other community members who engage with the idea do not have their company tagged, unless you mention it in a comment.

Option Two: View all ideas a company has interacted with. (voted, commented, etc.)

1. Go to the Ideas Exchange​.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 10.44.41 AM.png

2. Click on the reports tab.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 10.50.17 AM.png

3. Selected Content Creation​.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 10.52.11 AM.png

4. Choose + Add Filter.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 10.53.47 AM.png

5. Where it says Filter by skill, change that to Filter by Company

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 10.55.17 AM.png

6. Find your account in the list of companies.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 10.56.34 AM.png

7. Choose the date range you want.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 11.00.00 AM.png

8. Click Refresh.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 11.01.27 AM.png

9. Scroll down to the list of ideas your company has interacted with.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 11.03.01 AM.png

10. Share the ideas.

a. Select Download CSV to export the content. It shows the list, but has no links.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 11.04.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 4.10.42 PM.png

b. Or, copy the list from the Content Leaderboard and add them to an email, PowerPoint, or document.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 11.05.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 11.11.52 AM.png

Upcoming plans for ideas:

We wanted to make sure all CAMs and CSMs are comfortable running these two report types. They are useful in different situations. Option One will show where your customer's organization authored ideas. This is via tags. Hopefully that will be via customer tags. We are asking customers to tag their ideas in the content section when they submit. We are also following up and tagging ideas in the community team.

Option two provides a view of where your customers are voting, commenting, and interacting with ideas.  We recommend CSMs regularly run both reports to get a sense of the customer's engagement with Ideas Exchange.

We will continue to work with product on updating ideas and in the future, we'll add additional blog posts like this.

---
Check out my signature
- one of the cool new features of our community. Edit yours under "Personal Information".
Message 1 of 5
0 Likes
4 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Tracking Customer Ideas for CSMs and CAMs

Very useful, thanks! Unfortunately I don't have access to the reports tab, who do I need to raise this with?

Message 2 of 5
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paul Hodgson​!

I'm sorry about that! You weren't in the right permission group. I went ahead and fixed it so you should be good to go! Let me know if you experience any other issues!

---
Check out my signature
- one of the cool new features of our community. Edit yours under "Personal Information".
Message 3 of 5
Community Manager
Community Manager

Aaron HenleyAnita Sathyamurthyjeff mallettsebastian moss-montoyaStephanie NguyenCarlos MiraMatt Bowyer-Crombie​ If any of you were having issues seeing the reports tab, I fixed all of your permissions!

---
Check out my signature
Message 4 of 5
0 Likes
Employee
Employee

@Nicole_Guzzo  @deirdre_yee   It doesn't appear that this process is valid with the new Community.  Can this article be archived?

@kevinpayne  @michelemckenna  @Anita_S 

Message 5 of 5