Product Team
Product Team
0 6 2,253
‎05-18-2020 01:29 AM

Initially setup to cover mobile as that's my teams focus, if we start to see interest in other areas we will setup a dedicated forum for it.

In the last release (1.4) we released a powerful feature for Go, Mobile Activity Space.

Mobile Activity Space - Component DiagramMobile Activity Space - Component Diagram

This brings together the standard power of HTML5, JavaScript and Deep Linking URLs along side access to the SFM Framework, Snippet API, device properties and database of Go.

The package we provided included sample code and following the steps on the online help you can be up and running developing small web packages on your local machine.

The uploading that package as a Custom Action SFM, it can be accessed from the SFM Actions menu within Go.

Very quickly our internal employees got excited and I quickly realised we needed a space for developers to help developers. That includes solution consultants, and professional services.

Some things we have already noticed is the classic level of experience around Java Script. Now if you are reading this thinking, I know JavaScript and Html, I can throw something together, and that maybe true but I highly recommend you doing some reading on ES6 JavaScript.

If its a new term to you or like me you have be blindly hacking away at JavaScript snippets you find online, then stop do a short course and build your project using JavaScript ES6. I'll be getting our developers to do some posts on best practises, so watch this space.

We have some ideas in the pipeline for Mobile Activity Space (or MAS as its been shortened to), such as better debugging tools, other areas in the SFM experience to allow uses of MAS.

6 Comments
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Can we make a DML statement in MAS Javascript like update current SFM record.?

Product Team
Product Team

MAS can leverage DeepLink API to a specific SFM which can be to update some data on a given record.

Deep-links also support running in the background.

We don't plan to open up direct access to the DB from MAS as it then gives a back door to SFM Process and also could lead to corruption of data.

Does this help ?

Trev

Product Team
Product Team

Also @Vaibhavjoshi post questions in the forum.

https://community.servicemax.com/t5/Extensibility/ct-p/Extensibility

Let me know if you cannot see it.

Trev

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Thanks @TrevAlexSVMX , i got a clue with you response, but our requirement is not calling another SFM, the requirement is to update a field on current page record id.

1 solution came to mind is to call a webservice, (Apex class), which could update this field.

Just like we can call an SFM from MAS, can we also call a webservice ?.

This question is also posted in the blog,

Much thanks in advance.

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Thanks @TrevAlexSVMX , i got a clue with you response, but our requirement is not calling another SFM, the requirement is to update a field on current page record id.

1 solution came to mind is to call a webservice, (Apex class), which could update this field.

Just like we can call an SFM from MAS, can we also call a webservice ?.

In addition to that, can you help me with the reference Deeplink URL to call an SFM which can edit a record.

I could successfully build some URLs for calling Output document, Checklist and SFMs , but i could not find any reference to call Custom Action or Webservice.

I can not see the blog as of now.

Much thanks in advance.

Line Chef
Line Chef

One solution I am thinking about is to connect to custom javascript code snippet if it is possible. But so far I am struggling with the same question about the ability to update record with MAS

About the Author
Mobile Go Product Manager, EMEA
Labels