cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14.50.011 Summer 14 for iPad Testing

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

14.50.011 Summer 14 for iPad Testing

Has anyone gotten a chance to test the 14.50.011 Summer 14 version for iPad?

I was able to test the decimal place issue and keyboard issue from 14.50.010 - both are FIXED!! 

(as far as I can tell)

However, I wanted to see if anyone had come across any *new* limitations that I have not discovered yet?

Notes:

Tested on 8.1.2 only

Server build is 14.40000.9

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Re: 14.50.011 Summer 14 for iPad Testing

Deploying this version to the 45 Techs affected by 14.50.010 in the field today, will respond if we find any snags in the newest release.

Notes:

iOS versions range 7.0 --> 8.1.2

server build 14.40000.9

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Alex,

thanks for opening this thread. I will update when our affected users report back to me how it works for them.

I did a complete test and did not see any issues.

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

I just completed 3 full tests and have found the duplicate work line details I was able to create by inducing certain validation errors is fixed. I have two more errors to induce but can report that it appears ServiceMax is creating the Work Line details (parts, travel, labor) on the server in the first order of operations and then the Work Order is edited. This step, creating the Work Line Details first is what was needed to ensure the validation rules in place for these items work properly - in our instance that is.

I will follow up with a more detailed report later tonight ort tomorrow.

Mike Monin‌, Colby Lavin: do you know if the order of operation for the Work Order when it hits the server after  sync can be posted?

John W

Employee
Employee

John, Good question.  It creates the line level details first then updates the WO header last.  If your using a mobile application then it will batch the data when it sends it to the server side so I will let Colby comment on the order of operations for the mobile app.

...or are you asking if your SFM has Part, Labor and Travel tabs, in what order does it save each line level detail on the server side?

0 Likes
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Mike,

This starts with the iPad app. So here is a specific set of questions based having an internet connection:

1. how does the iPad app send the details to the server side
    1. On the initial save & sync
    2. On subsequent saves & Sync
    3. after an error on the initial save & sync
    4. what I mean by how: does it resend the entire WO or just new changes?
  2. What are the order of operations of the SFM on the Server Side:
    1. on the initial save and sync
    2. on secondary save and sync
      1. with or without an error condition
  3. what will happen if I'm in a work order actively editing it and the auto Sync occurs?
Employee
Employee

Hi John,

It sound slike you are able to replicate the issue consistently.  Please log a case with the ServiceMax Support Team so we can troubleshoot the issue further.

Kind Regards,

Josh Trujillo

ServiceMax
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

John, thanks for providing detailed questions. 

From my observations, when your in the iPad and if you have an internet connection when you click the SFM Save button it will Sync the changes to the server immediately, I believe it only makes incremental updates to the fields that have changed.  Also, you can control who wins when the record has changed on the server and mobile device via the ServiceMax settings. So if the record changes on the server side since you last synced to the iPad you can choose to have the iPad win and overwrite the changes or choose to have the server side win.

I'm going to let Colby Lavin confirm my answers to your questions.   Please log a case so ServiceMax Support can help troubleshoot your issue.

ipad‌ syncipad‌ sfm‌ mobileconfig‌

Employee
Employee

After Save, the iPad does an Aggressive Incremental Sync. This is a

bi-directional sync. It will update the server based on the technicians's

CRUD actions, but will also update the data for the technician from any

server changes including any updated calendar events. Comments about

controlling who wins are accurate.

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Mike,

I had changed the Sync conflicts to "Online takes Precedence" last year - it works as intended.

What I'm really looking for are the technical details from the code. What happens and when. This is usually published by the engineering team.

Thanks,

Colby Lavin‌, Mike Monin

Employee
Employee

Hi John, Take a look at the Sync Flows in the new ServiceMax Online help for Winter 15. Here is the link.  This sounds like what your looking and it has a lot of good examples.

ServiceMax Online Help (Sync Flows)

ServiceMax Online Help (Synchronization definitions)

Thanks,

Mike

John Welisevich‌ ipad‌ sync‌ syncflows‌ winter15‌

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Anyone also noticing that when adding attachments it makes the file size larger than the actual picture?  We added a picture that is only 1 MB and in Spring it leaves it the same size but in Summer it is making it 8 MB.

0 Likes