cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any recommendations on how and where to store Servicemax training reference docs and videos in Servicemax for technicians to access?

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Any recommendations on how and where to store Servicemax training reference docs and videos in Servicemax for technicians to access?

Inquiring if anyone has done this in Servicemax and if they were able to incorporate into the mobile app.

Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Re: Any recommendations on how and where to store Servicemax training reference docs and videos in Servicemax for technicians to access?

I have not found a way to incorporate these docs into the mobile app, unfortunately.  For my techs and internal users I have created two different chatter groups in Salesforce.  I made them both private, and then added the appropriate people to each group.  I then uploaded all of the training items to 'Files' and shared them with the appropriate chatter groups.

It has worked well for us, as the users can view all documents related to their role in one central location, and also communicate questions with each other in the group chat.  Hope that helps!

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Re: Any recommendations on how and where to store Servicemax training reference docs and videos in Servicemax for technicians to access?

Hi Adam, I suppose this depends on volume and your use cases/user stories. 

Have you looked at if you can create download criteria or ServiceMax SFM searches for the Salesforce Knowledge objects?

Have you considered creating a custom object and adding download criteria and/or SFM searches for that object. 

Do you intend this to be just a resource for technicians, or something that back office teams or call centre agents can associate with the work order to help he technicians?

Regards, Richard 

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes
Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

I was investigating creating a custom object and adding download criteria and/or SFM searches for that object. We are still in the middle of implementation and testing so I wanted to find out if anyone had pursued this particular method for the mobile. This will be mainly a resource for the technicians. I was envisioning a simple URL that would link the tech to the reference documentation we will be storing in chatter, or possibly even basic HTML based 'cheatsheets' stored on our sharepoint.

Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Rob van Waveren​ can give you more info on this, but will share what Rob worked on:

We didn't find an easy or flexible way to link documentation into the mobile app so we used google sites to build a help website for the techs: https://sites.google.com/

Using this, they can save the shortcut to their home screen and access it online at any time. The benefit of it being online is that if we make updates, they will always be looking at the latest version which saves the hassle of sending multiple versions of pdf's etc. It also scales nicely to the device you are using etc.

As an example, this is what we built: ServiceMax 2.0 EN

Its intended as a quick reference guide for the techs to help resolve queries etc. rather than an end to end training guide. But you could build it to be whatever you want it to be

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

That's exactly what I was considering.  I was also exploring the feasibility of creating a custom object that consisted of one field that contained a URL to the quick ref docs and adding download criteria or SFM search to tie it into the mobile. Thanks for the info!

Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

No worries, please share back here whatever you come up with as I'm interested to see it

Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

The site you built is very nice.. great job..

I have been using TechSmith | Screencast.com, Home

and uploading toutorial "How To" videos.  The videos can all be organized by folder and password protected. 

I think I may also do something similar to you but try and embed the videos as well..

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~