Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Comments offline

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Case Comments offline

Is anyone pushing case comments to the iPad?  I have been asked this in the past and could not see a way to do it and it has come back to bite me again.

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Re: Case Comments offline

Hi Mark, I see that the CaseComment object is not available to create an SFM or a Download Criteria with. I suggest posting this in the Product section of the community asking them how to enable another object in these areas. They have built custom objects for us and enabled them there somehow. It may not be possible as this is a standard object.

Link to a page about the object - Salesforce Developers

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~

Hi Mark,

As mentioned by Richard - currently Case Comment Object is not available for SFM Transaction or to define as Download Criteria .

I encourage to Post this as an Idea on Product Hub Place for Product Team consideration.

Thanks

Rupali Hindocha

0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Rupali, we have the Work Order Parts Order object available and this is not a managed package field as far as I know so is this not configurable to give access to create download criteria on other objects?

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~

Hi Richard,

Custom Object will not be available directly for Mobile Download Criteria for Mobile Configuration (Mobile & Offline).

Below mentioned steps can be performed to get 'Custom Object' available for Mobile Download Criteria:

(a) Create a SFM Process with the Custom Object or Associate the Custom Object with SFM Process.

(b) Associate the SFM Process with Desired Profile.

For Example:

To get Custom Object 'Department' available for Mobile Download Criteria.

1. Create a view SFM Process 'Department View Process' with Custom Object 'Department'

2. Navigate to ServiceMax Setup>Mobile & Offline>Click on SFM iPad Permissions >Click on 'Go'> Select the Profile which is to be associated with it (For example: Default Group Profile)>Assign the Process 'Department View Process'> Click on Save.

3.Now you will get Custom Object 'Department' under 'Download Criteria'.

Thanks

Rupali

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Thanks Rupali, will this work with a standard object like case.comment ?

Hi Richard,

Currently Case Comment Object is not available for SFM Transaction or to define as Download Criteria .

I encourage to Post this as an Idea on Product Hub Place for Product Team consideration.

An Enhancement Request has been already raised by Support Team , Request #SMX011096 can be used as reference.

Thanks

Rupali Hindocha