cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Signature on iPad in Winter 15?

Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Customer Signature on iPad in Winter 15?

As we are beginning to test Winter 15 in our Sandbox, we notice that the customer signature is no longer available on the iPad in Winter 15.  Did they do away with this feature?  Or is there another place to capture the customer signature?  Currently that is how we capture the signature that is included in our auto-emailed Service report (visual force page) that gets emailed after the WO is closed and also gets attached to the work order as a PDF.  Mike Monin

Highlighted
Retired
Retired

Re: Customer Signature on iPad in Winter 15?

Susan Torres​,

Please check the response from Colby Lavin​, Director of Product Management, in this Community post: 'Email Service report?'.

Regards,

Meenakshi.

Highlighted
Product Team
Product Team

Hi Susan!

I can assure you that Digital Signature Capture is still alive and well in the SVMX iPad Solution! I see that you mentioned that you current method for acquiring the customer's signature was through a Visualforce Page? For clarification, do you mean you are using the SFM Smart Docs Designer?  Or is the auto-emailed Service Report mentioned above a customization?

If you are using Smart Docs, then I definitely recommend referring to the Intro to Smart Docs Training Video, found here: Video Link : 1101

It does a great job of explaining the topic of the Signatures Widget in custom Service Reports; how to insert / modify / etc. The Widget can be found on the field sidebar, and will look like the image below in your Template Designer:

I hope this is helpful to you! If your Service Report has been developed outside of the Smart Docs Designer, just let me know and we can work that out!

Regards,

Lacy Cotton

Regards,

Lacy Cotton-Hodgson
Product Manager
lacy.cotton@servicemax.com
Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Yes it seems that it was setup outside of Smart Docs,  There is an Apex Class created back In 2012 that seems to being used for our current service report. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Lacy,  As I mentioned earlier in my first response we are not using Smart Docs for our Service Report.  We are using a custom Apex/Visual Force object that was created by Anita (Servicemax) back in 2012.  I have also submitted a case on this and waiting to see if there is a way to easily convert what we have into the new format or to change it where it can capture the signature.  Would like to know what would be the best and quick way to convert what we have today.  We would like to start using Winter 15 in our production account as soon as we work out all the issues we are having.

Thanks,

susan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Hi All,

I have used a Smart Doc Template designer online to build a smart doc for Service Report.But am unable to find the way to capture the digital signature on Winter 15 SP IPad App.Am using ios 7.Do this make some difference.

Best

Ravi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Ravi,

I am "playing" with creating a new Service Report for us right now and I was able to add the Digital Signature to the template .  The response above from Lacy explains shows where the Signature is at in the Template Designer Tab, under Widgets and has a print screen of what you need to add to the document to have the Signature to be added in the location you would like.

Regards,

Suzy

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Hi Suzy,

May be am doing something wrong.I have pulled in the widget but running into some data null exceptions.Could i expect the source code of the customer signature section such that I could validate with mine.Thanks in Advance.

Best

Ravi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

This is what I added for the signature:  {{$F.SIGNATURE('CS2','Sign', true)}}.  I am now having some issues after making some changes.  Getting error message regarding NSInvalidArgumentException....

0 Likes
Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

So after making some changes to the smart doc for the service report, I am now getting the following error message when I try to access it via the iPad (NSInvalidArgumentException data parameter is nil).  It opens fine on the computer.  Anyone know what it could be.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hi Susan

I have just had the same issue, which Servicemax support helped me with, in my case it was that i had some target child objects defined in the document process (for us it was some WO lines defined to show travel lines, which are obviously a child of the parent WO), but these target child objects were not refereed to in the document template we used. So we had some travel lines defined in the target process set up, but these were not used in the final output document.

I redesigned the document target process set up, not include the travel lines, and using the same template as before, the system worked.

Thanks

Russ

Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Hi Russ,

Thanks so much that was our issue to (travel lines).  All I did for now is add something to the document to check if that was the issue and sure enough it worked like it did before.   Now time to work on seeing if I can get this automatically email out when the WO status changes to WO Completed.

Thanks,

Susan

0 Likes