Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different wizard steps in Mobile and Online

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Different wizard steps in Mobile and Online

My question is rather simple:

I have created four service reports that need to be displayed in the online version when a technician makes a service report for a customer.

However, when the technician is on sight, only one service report should be available.
Is there any way to do this?

Employee
Employee

Re: Different wizard steps in Mobile and Online

The SFW toolbars visibility is controlled by the users profile which is configured in the SFW “Permissions” tab when editing the SFW Toolbar (see screen shot below), so if someone is using both the ipad/browser then they should see all.   It still holds true that the user will see all the SFW toolbars both online and on the ipad based on the profile permissions configured in the SFW toolbar.  The only way currently around this would be using separate user/group profiles for ipad versus browser users which is not practical.

I am not aware of a platform context field or formula field that would evaluate to true if they are using mobile device vs. using the online browser, but if there was a way to determine the platform context then it could be included into the SFW toolbar visibility criteria so the toolbar won’t show up or the button would be grayed out.   

Another option, may be to use WO Order Type or WO sub status (ie. On-Site vs. Remote), so have a wizard for one set of statuses and a separate wizard for another set of WO statuses. Something to think about.  Hope this helps.

sfw​ sfm​ permissions​ profile​

Line Chef
Line Chef

Re: Different wizard steps in Mobile and Online

Is this still true with ServiceMax version 19.1 or 19.2?

0 Likes