cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early adopters of Winter '15 apps?

Employee
Employee

Early adopters of Winter '15 apps?

ServiceMax wants to know if anyone has already downloaded or tested out the Winter '15 Android or iPad apps. If you have, let me know if you might be willing to share your feedback, as we are looking to hear from early adopters. If you have not, but are interested in getting access, let us know. Thanks!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Early adopters of Winter '15 apps?

Sue Domagalski‌, I thought you might know some customers who might be jumping into the new apps. Anyone come to mind?

____

Did you know solutions are the most powerful thing in this community?  When someone answers your question - only you can mark it as a solution.
Help other members find valuable content faster - Mark Responses As Solutions and give out Kudos (Likes)!
0 Likes

I think CEM and Skedaddle may be!

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

I have installed it in a Sandbox and am already observing some "buggy" behavior.

SFM fields are in a different order than in the setup

Not able to search for products.  (There is no "Search" button and clicking "Search" on the iPad keyboard does nothing).

Maybe a setup issue?

Employee
Employee

Hi Travis, thanks for letting us know what you're seeing.

For search, if you open the navigation menu by tapping on the orange tab with three lines at the bottom left of the iPad, and then tap the Explore icon it should open up the search functionality.  As far as SFM fields showing up out of order...perhaps Jason Marselis‌ or someone else in Support‌ can help answer this one.

javascript:;Screen Shot 2015-01-09 at 2.57.11 PM.png

Also check out Lana Foladare‌ 's new video on the iPad transition Video Link : 1059

Thanks!
Melissa

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

We can't search when we are adding Work Detail lines to a specific work order.    The search you mentioned does work. 

Employee
Employee

Hi Travis,

First of all, sorry for the lateness of my reply. I missed the email notification in my inbox that you had replied. When you are adding work order line details in the work order debrief is where you are able to search for the item (parts for example) that you want to add to the line. In my account, for example, I went into the work order details then tapped on Actions> Debrief Work Order and edited the parts, labor etc. from there, which prompted the search you see in the second image. Does that answer your Q?  The lines in the work order detail page are a summary of what's been entered, not the actual editable fields.

IMG_0150.PNG

IMG_0149.PNG

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Travis Kolinek,

Are you still running into the  where you cannot search products on the iPad?  I recently had a similar issue and we were able to resolve it by deleting the field from the screen designer then re-adding it and the lookup configuration.

ServiceMax
0 Likes
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Josh Trujillo‌, Melissa Morgan

I haven't tried Josh's idea yet.  We are using a custom lookup and using the method you tried above, no matter what I click on it won't pull back results even when I know they are there.  I also can't access the "Filters" either.

At this point since the signature capture was removed in the Winter '15 iPad app that has put a stop to our upgrade as we'll need to redesign our reports to the customers and at the moment we don't have the resources or bandwidth.

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the update Travis Kolinek‌. Signature capture should be in Winter '15 for iPad. It sounds like you need a troubleshooting session with someone in support. Can you log a case? George Piper‌- FYI!

0 Likes
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

I understand that they are available, but not in the place (signature icon on the work order summary screen).  We have custom reports that use this page meaning we will need to totally redesign our documents through the Smart Documents and then work our custom code around that.  No trivial task.

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hmm. Colby Lavin‌ can you comment on this? Thanks.

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Travis Kolinek‌,

Before you begin rewriting your custom code, please reach out to Support.  I saw another recent case that has been resolved and had the same issue.

Thanks,
Colby

Director of Product Management

ServiceMax, Inc.

0 Likes
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Hi Colby Lavin‌ I did create case 00016515 for the signature issue.  You can view it to see the response I received.

Employee
Employee

Hi Travis,

Thanks for reaching out to Support to provide all the details.  The feature you were using where a signature button was visible on the work order is not part of the Winter 15 release on iPad.  To capture a signature with Winter 15, please use Smart Documents.  A Smart Document that only captures a signature is something that does not require coding knowledge, but it does require a new SFM transaction to be created and placed with other Actions available to the technician.  Hopefully this will get you up and running quickly.

Thanks,
Colby

Director of Product Management

ServiceMax, Inc.

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Hi Colby, it isn't obvious in the documentation how to do this.  Can you point me in the right direction?

Employee
Employee

ServiceMax Setup | Serviceflow Manager | SFM Transaction Designer | Go

1. In the standard SFM Tab Search for Report.

2. Locate and clone the standard Work Order Service Report

3. Go to the Template designer tab.

These are built out using CSS and HTML5.  Use the standard template as an example of how to build out the documents.  **Don't forget to name the Template and save the page**

ServiceMax
Employee
Employee

Thanks Josh Trujillo‌!

0 Likes
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hi

We have had the new version added to our Sandbox, but we are struggling to get the iPad app to complete its initial sync. When we were all Suummer 14, it worked fine, but now we have updated the Sandbox and trying to use the new Winter 15 app, it seems to get to Step 4 of 6, and spends about 30 minutes trying to download, and then errors saying it has lost connection, which i find a little hard to believe in our office, with a very good WiFi connection.

I will go through the literature to see if there is anything i should have done.

Thanks

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

We have managed to get the app to sync now, but it meant removing all of the configured downloads, both advanced and standard, i have started to add them back in, and found at lease one that was causing an issue, something we will need to work around.

The set up we had worked fine with the Summer 14 app, so it looks like this version is less tolerant of some types of data downloads, which may not be such a bad thing as we may be forced in to further tuning our download criteria, improving sync time etc.

Employee
Employee

Hi Russell,

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Colby Lavin‌ are there any suggestions you can share with Russell to help him out here?

0 Likes

Hi Russell,

I was wondering if you might be able to provide some additional details to the download configuration(s) that were problematic.  I would be happy to take a closer look at it to identify the root cause.

Thanks,

Dez

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Russell, I have reached out internally here to our Support team and someone will be reaching out to you to gather some further detail related to this issue.

For everyone following this thread, we will keep everyone posted on the progress. Desirae Szloboda

0 Likes
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

We have downloaded Winter 15 to our Sandbox but ran into similar issues as Russell Jacobs‌ posted.  We are now refreshing our Sandbox so hopefully we can get it figured out this time.  Josh Trujillo‌ has been a big help in troubleshooting.

Employee
Employee

Hi Beth,

Thanks for the feedback. Josh Trujillo‌ please let the product team know what you discover. Happy Friday!

0 Likes

Josh TrujilloDesirae Szloboda Rupali Hindocha Do we have any updates on this thread or case?  From the looks of it this hasnt been closed all the way out yet.  Travis Kolinek​ - Have you had any progress in this regard you could share?  We are very interested in any successes to this point! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Christopher Clark​ I was able to get around the issue using the resolution above, but had another syncing issue so I upgraded to Spring '15 where this issue is back and the resolution above doesn't work.  Not really on the top of my list since with Spring '15 it takes 1+ hour to do the initial sync, so testing can be painful to say the least.  I have been trying to upgrade since Summer '15 and have run into major roadblocks along the way, thus the reason we are still on Spring '13.

0 Likes
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

We have been developing (for months) and trialling Winter 15 in the field, for a few weeks now, with a goal of moving this in to Prod in early July, from the users perspective the response has been very positive, with a much improved interface, considerably better navigation and quicker syncing. The better syncing maybe due to the download configuration changes i made and mentioned earlier in this thread, or hopefully its just a better engine.

Development was not particularly easy, a field that would happily work in Summer 14, simply would allow the SFM to be seen on the iPad in this version, and it often meant removing each field in turn to find the one causing the issue; i guess its better to get these problem fields (could not be accessed by user security, or not in the field set, etc) off the SFM.

We have found one bug that is a concern, and which has been raised as a case, it revolves around using the system in offline mode, but it has been suggested that the new SP announced this week will fix it; and talking off the SP, the sync on demand capability, rather than the having aggressive syncs will be a major benefit for us.

I will feedback to the community on how our roll out goes, wish us luck!

Russ

Employee
Employee

Thanks for your feedback Russ. Glad to hear the user response has been positive. Colby Lavin​- FYI product feedback.

0 Likes
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi Russ,

Two questions - is it typical to develop and test a release for this long - or are their specific customizations that required this level of testing?  Two - what was the offline bug you uncovered (we stress the same standard work to our field guys - to work offline and then sync at one time).

Thanks!

0 Likes