Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA 3.8.3 Sync

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

FSA 3.8.3 Sync

Hi everyone! We seem to have a consistent problem with sync speed with the FSA version 3.8.3 on the iPad. Often the sync takes a number of minutes to finish and then the black notification for "Refreshing View" stays for a while and the only way to move it along is actually double tap the iPad home button, swipe the FSA App off the page and restart it. We cannot find anything specific that could be the cause and we only have this issue with a small(ish) number of engineers (~20). Does anyone have any experience of this or indeed any ideas or anything similar that we could check?

Tags (3)
Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

User Reply FSA 3.8.3 Sync nschmitz

We also see that data sync sometimes takes very long - it seems that process is not working - the light blue bar stops for a long time... Not sure if it is related to 3.8.3 build 834 or Ipad IOS 13.5. But for sure it is a issue.

Highlighted
Product Team
Product Team

User Reply FSA 3.8.3 Sync archana_krishna

@nschmitz  What was the previous version that you were using and worked well? I am trying the teams here to isolate the symptom.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

User Reply FSA 3.8.3 Sync nschmitz

Sorry - but I can not tell you the exact version. All previous version seemed to be better.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Line Chef
Line Chef

User Reply FSA 3.8.3 Sync albal

We have configuration sync issues... Takes a long time 

Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

User Reply FSA 3.8.3 Sync johnw

@mark_v3553 

We are in the process of launching to the FSA App (3.8.3 on iPads) and have not received any complaints from users on this. We are keeping an eye out for any issues.

Are you running any of the Sync reports from ServiceMax? 

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

User Reply FSA 3.8.3 Sync mark_v3553

@johnw yes indeed we have had a look, there is nothing obvious sticking out, there seems to be something slightly different with the latest version of the sync and maybe (?) the sync gateway that has changed.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Product Team
Product Team

@mark_v3553 @nschmitz   - I don't see any other reports of this from other customers, but it might just be we dont have the too many on latest FSA and iOS.

Haven't come across this in our internal validation cycle too. https://community.servicemax.com/t5/Mobile-Discussions/iOS-and-iPadOS-13-5-Validation-Complete/m-p/2...

Can you please log a support ticket with us? We should be able to investigate.

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi @archana_krishna we have a support case open, we are setting up a conference call tomorrow with the EMEA team to discuss the issue we have. Thanks, Mark 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

@archana_krishna seems to be unconnected to iOS version, I have tested using latest iOS and some engineers have got iPad's which won't upgrade to iOS 13 due to age the issue of slow sync appears on both devices. Stops around 33% of the way along for a while and then again at about 75% for a while. I am told by the engineer it also gets worse as the day goes on, it's OK in the morning and then in the afternoon the issue seems to be present more. Also, on iOS 13 has anyone else experienced when you press in text boxes to type in the WO, the keyboard launches but when you type nothing happens, you have to re-tap in the text box to start typing??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

@archana_krishna there are a few people on this post reporting the same problem, I have asked for support to start logs so we can try to pin-point the issue, but it is reported as really really slow to sync even when on WiFi. I tested myself using my iPad and I experienced the same delay in sync of simple things like a single text change or text entry. Runs sync to about 33% and then stops for around 1min, then runs again to 75% and stops for around 3-5mins. Sometimes it is reported at the 75% it stops and doesn't re-start and the only way to handle is to close the app and re-launch, then the sync works quickly. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Product Team
Product Team

@mark_v3553  I watched the video you attached to the case and learnt that Malik from Support  is trying to replicate this. I will be in touch with him.  In the meantime wanted to check what your previous version was and if it is possible for you to install that version and confirm if the issue didn't exist there.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi @archana_krishna no as with IOS we can only download from the app store the latest version, I am told 3.8.2 is probably when it was fine, as we have some users on 3.8.3 and some on 3.8.4 as the upgrade to 3.8.4 was only very recently, the video on the case was recorded on 3.8.4 but I have an engineer on 3.8.3 who experiences exactly the same behaviour as the video. It's really urgent as it is causing less efficiency as it is taking the engineers longer to complete WO's on the iPad.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Product Team
Product Team

You are right, App Store allows only the latest version to be downloaded unless there is an MDM in place which can push the ipa out. No worries, I will check with Support

@jardis  @malik_akhtar 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Thanks @archana_krishna this is causing us some real operational problems so we are hoping you identify and find a quick fix for it. Thank you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

User Reply FSA 3.8.3 Sync brenoburkinshaw

We are in the same boat as @mark_v3553, wide spread reported issues with 3.8.3 and significant sync times. Moving users over to SVMX GO as a matter of urgency as it seems to be a more stable application.

@archana_krishna do you test with the same load bearing on the application as your customer, try adding 100+ work orders, related accounts, locations, contacts and installed product records.

Does this have anything to do with the sync issue.

Using WKwebview on iPadOS 13.4 has broken css in calendar UI, orientation changes, PIQ tree View & toggling of radio buttons in SFM search views .

Fix :

========================================================

Changed CordovaWebViewEngine for iOS platform to use UIWebview instead of using WKWebview to render UI.

@lizbrennan @mohamad_hafda  FYI

Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

This is exactly how our users are reporting the issue, starts ok and progressively gets worse throughout the day.

Highlighted
Product Team
Product Team

@brenoburkinshaw  Sorry you are experiencing these issues with FSA. Has the sync issue started only with 3.8.3 for you too? What was the previous versions that your techs used and worked well? This piece of info will help me to go back and see what changed between the versions.

All the major FSA releases (last was 3.8.0)  are performance tested with a lot more than 100 Work orders. But like I said, knowing the version on which your techs worked well may help us to find what changes went in since then.

Can you also raise a support ticket for this, if you havent done already? It helps to get the right attention on the issue.

Also, do you still have issues with broken UI on 3.8.3 + iPadOS 13.x? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

@archana_krishna yes the sync issue started for us when we updated to 3.8.3 alongside the issue with the UI jumping between fields. I have tested 3.8.4 and the issues persist on 13.5.1.

We have open cases for both of these issue.

Highlighted
Product Team
Product Team

@brenoburkinshaw  The issues @mark_v3553  experienced is turning out to be slow loading times of the screen (loading the view of a record) and is being investigated with a defect in Engineering.Even the video you sent me few weeks ago are pointing in the same direction and I think its the same problem.

For tracking purposes and to get regular updates on the fix and status, can you log a support ticket? 

The issue with cursor jumping was also identified as a defect and the fix will be part of 3.8.5 (end of June release).