Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

FSA App Experience on iOS

Hi all, Pitney Bowes are looking at the FSA app and if it will be suitable for us to deploy. So I am looking to ask the Community for their experience so far with it on iOS devices.

Can you share a summary of your experience, including any of the below you can provide.

- Number of users it is deployed to

- Any issues you have experienced, in particular about sycronisation

- Offline or partial offline behavior

- Countries deployed in and languages used

- Any ideas we may want to vote on

Would anyone be willing to have a reference call with us or to invite one of our business team along for a ride along?

Thank you all in advance for all your help.

Regards, Richard

Kevin PayneNicola Griffin-SeabyTerry CavenderDave Salter

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Re: FSA App Experience on iOS

Hi Richard

We haven't deployed to Prod yet, but like yourselves we are planning to roll it out sometime this summer. We originally were planning to go live at the beginning of this year, but we experienced so many issues, and almost random lock ups, that we decided it was just not ready for production. Since then, there have been a few updates from Smx, and to me it is a lot more stable and is now possibly a usable product, but having said that i am the only user (as I am doing the developing).

I will be happy to share what issues we have seen and overcome, and also keen to hear other about what experiences other have had.

Thanks

Russ

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Thanks a lot Russell! Dave Salter​ a business colleague of mine will be in touch with you.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes
Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Aleem Khawaja, I found you had experienced some issues with the FSA app on another post on the community. At mentioning you in case you are happy to share your experiences?

Many Thanks, Richard

0 Likes
Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Richard Lewis Hi Richard, Thanks for the reach out. One issue is that we cannot down load WO via the Explore/Search route and I believe new version of FSA is expected sometime this month. The other issue is inability to Save partially completed WO in off-line mode.

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Aleem Khawaja​, thank you for your reply. Our business team have experienced some of the issues you have mentioned in their testing. We are awaiting an MDM version of the FSA app 3.2.7.

I can see from the release notes for this version at least one of your concerns should be resolved.

Defects Fixed in FSA 3.2.7 for iPad, Android and Windows

We have been testing our proof of concept on 3.2.6 and will continue on 3.2.7 when we get it and hope to be able to share some of our experiences.

Regards, Richard

0 Likes
Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Hi Richard - happy to share our experience

The app itself has improved usability for engineers and we are able to guide engineers workflows effectively using SFM's, Although our biggest challenge is around synchronisation. The latest release of the app is being deployed shortly to all our engineers as we try and keep pace with the releases and align our devices.

- Number of users it is deployed to - over 200

- Any issues you have experienced, in particular about sycronisation - Yes synchronisation is an issue for us and we are currently working with SMax to try and manage this.

- Offline or partial offline behaviour - We use partial but are urgently trying to change to manual sync due to the sync performance.

- Countries deployed in and languages used - CEE, AFRICA, MET and LATAM - multiple languages including - Arabic, Polish, Hungarian, Czech, Spanish

- Any ideas we may want to vote on: Multiple things - some I have posted on here - some still to be added. Rendering speed and resource consumption on our laptops is a concern we are also looking at. We also have some restrictions with the offline validation we can perform which is hampering our move to manual sync.

Hope this helps

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Thanks you Warren Halberstadt​ for sharing your experiences, this is very helpful. I will have a look for FSA ideas on the community but please add any others you have and we can vote on them if they would help us as well.

Regards, Richard

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Hi Richard,

Like many others here we haven't deployed any mobile solution yet. We attempted with the classic android app last year, but abandoned it. Now we are embarking on a course to deploy the FSA using iPads, early days yet as we have move from Summer '16 to Winter '18 first. Which we have a road block at present. Love to share stories and experiences with you. Our deployment of SVMX is here in the USA with over 350 users. We have deployed in France and Denmark via a separate route, not too sure of their mobile set up.Trevor Drury​ would be a good contact here.

Cheers

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

This link should take you to a list of some FSA ideas to review and vote on as you wish.

https://community.servicemax.com/search.jspa?q=FSA&type=idea

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Hello!

It is my experience.

The application behavior of FSA and Classic differs in details.

It seems that download criteria and items actually downloaded are slightly different.

Especially about ServicePriceBook / Entry,

It took quite a while to notice that the behavior was different.

For the view for mobile, something that is not visible in Classic has become visible on the FSA side, and there are things that you have to do with privilege settings.

Even in the same service report setting, items that can be displayed by Classic are not displayed in FSA.

When custom objects are added to user information, technician, WO, especially for Lookup items such as Parts, we need to deal with FSA.

It seems that FSA is getting faster as for application initialization, data synchronization, and ConfigSync processing.

In Classic,

If ServicePriceBook is set, ServicePriceBook Entry can also be downloaded,

FSA can not do this.

Although I tried it over and over, since ServicePriceBook Entry can not be automatically acquired,

It is necessary to devise such as directly downloading.

*The environment I confirmed is multi-currency environment.

There is no doubt that it is necessary to add a special setting for FSA, as detailed operations differ.

thanks,

hagi

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Thanks R Hagiwara , that is some great feedback! I will share with my business team. 

Regards, Richard

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

HI Warren Halberstadt​ and Russell Jacobs​, we are looking to put together a UK based FSA App User Group. Can you share your emails with me via direct message so I can get an invite out to you. We can then adjust scheduling accordingly.

We will also invite your CSMs (Russel please advise who yours is)

Kevin PayneKristen Rumble

Regards, Richard

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Matt Bowyer-Crombie

0 Likes