Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating PDF from Ipad not working properly

Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Generating PDF from Ipad not working properly

When attempting to create a Service Report (with or without signatures) via the Ipad App "Summer '15", the Finalize button keeps resulting in corrupted PDF files.

I'm connected to Wifi, so this shouldn't be an issue of connectivity.

Each PDF without signature results in a PDF file of 14,92 KB. When including signatures, 3 PDF files are created. All corrupted off course.

On my own demo ORG, with the same Ipad App, i don't have this problem.

I already made sure all settings between my DEMO ORG are identical to the problematic ORG, including:

- user settings and profile settings (both SF and SVMX)

- using the exact same smart doc template (to exclude this as a cause)

- The settings for all submodules of the modules "Servicemax Ipad Client", "ServiceMax Offline" and "SFM Transaction Manager".

After all these checks, i still can't figure out why the DEMO ORG manages to generate PDF's via Ipad correctly, and the other ORG doesn't.

Main difference between them I think is that the problematic ORG is a Sandbox ORG.

What can be the cause of this issue? Can the ORG simply be corrupted? Or is there really a setting somewhere which is causing this?

Hoping anyone here can assist!!!

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Generating PDF from Ipad not working properly

Nele Crabbe​, Can you please confirm if you are using the same version of ServiceMax packages on both your Demo and Sandbox orgs?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Hi Vikas Tyagi​,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have on both ORG's (both Summer '15 ORG's) the package with version 15.40000.13 installed.

I have played around a little more and discovered that on the Sandbox ORG, where the Ipad App doesn't manage to generate PDF's correctly, it IS possible to do so when connected with the Android App on my Samsung

(the signature doesn't display correctly when signed off via the Android App, but that would be a seperate issue).

This issue shouldn't be related to the iOS version right? (which is version 8.3)
As the iPad does the job for my demo ORG, i expect the iOS can't be the problem...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Hello Nele Crabbe​,

To troubleshoot this further I would need access to your orgs credentials. My suggestion is you contact the ServiceMax support and log a case for this issue.

In the meantime you could try to reinstall the app and connect with the org with which you are facing the issue and see if it works. Sometime this has been found to resolve the issue.

I do not think this is an iOS issue. Try the reinstall option and it works let me know else please log a case with the ServiceMax support team.

Best

Vikas

0 Likes