cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I limit the product search on the iPad to trunk stock only?

Highlighted
Line Chef
Line Chef

The technicians keep forgetting to used stock from their trunk stock when they are completing work orders.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: How can I limit the product search on the iPad to trunk stock only?

Hi Christo,

The answer can vary based on your configuration of the Work Order debrief SFM. But assuming you are using the standard WO debrief configuration, you can configure the Part lookup field to apply an advanced filter to limit the search to the Technician's own trunk stock only. There is a standard ServiceMax lookup filter you can apply - as shown in the screenshot below.

FYI - as follows are the steps to configure / apply a filter to a lookup:

ServiceMax Setup > Service Flow Manager > SFM Transactions & Docs Designer > Locate your SFM > Screen Designer > Locate the Part lookup field on Work Details object and select the field > Click Configure Lookup (on menu on right hand side) > Click Advanced Filter Tab

Javed

Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 15.01.38.png

Highlighted
Line Chef
Line Chef

Thanks Javed. You definitely know your ServiceMax. That's just what I needed.

I have another question if you dont mind. Is there a way to remove the stock from their trunk as soon as they book it out on a job? At the moment it only gets removed when we close the workorder.

The problem we have is that the technicians might see stock in their trunk, but its booked on another job. This confuses the stock in Salesforce.

Appreciate your help.

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Hi Christo,

I've actually already put this forward as an idea internally to our Product team.

If you don't mind please mark the response to your original question as helpful for other members to reference

Anita D'Souza

Please see comment from Christo above referring to the following idea that is marked as under consideration:

Thanks

Javed

0 Likes