cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you reduce resolution for signature png?

Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

How do you reduce resolution for signature png?

When using the SVMX output doc to create a service report you can use the $F.SIGNATURE function to get signature. I know that you can change the actual size of the png by adding a height and width in pixels after the 'true' but, is there a way to also reduce the resolution? I'm trying overall to reduce the file size of the document and the signature png is the largest part of the file. 

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Re: How do you reduce resolution for signature png?

Were you ever able to figure this out?

Would be helpful to see the $F code that you used versus the default $F code that comes with the standard service report template

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Not really. the actual size yes but no resolution. this is the actual code. 300 and 200 being the actual size in pixels 

{{$F.SIGNATURE('CustomerSignature','CustomerSignature','True','300','200')}}

{{$F.SIGNATURE('CustomerSignature','CustomerSignature','True')}}

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

So the visual size of the signature displayed on the PDF was changed - but the physical KB size did not get reduced?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

The PDF is generated by the Salesforce PDF engine. I have not seen any method in Salesforce that would allow you to edit this.

How big is your PDF? I have a two page PDF with our Logo and two Signature blocks. The file size is 188 kb.

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

For the servicemax Mobile app, the Service Report is generated as an HTML file and a PNG file (per signature block)

These both are then synced to the server via cellular signal by the iPad (or other device)

These reports are the largest file size in our entire call closure process

In order to help reduce sync times, we wanted to reduce the size of the PNG file by reducing the size/resolution of the signature block

If that makes sense?

0 Likes