Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS 13.1 Validation Complete

Highlighted
Product Team
Product Team

IOS 13.1 Validation Complete

ServiceMax IOS apps (iPhone Classic, iPad Classic, FSA iPad and GO iOS) has been certified against iOS 13.1

Tested Versions:

• Go 1.2.0 (258)
  • FSA - 3.6.1 (796)
  • iPad Classic - 18.0.18
  • iPhone Classic - 18.0.13

Thank You

Trevor Alexander
Mobile Product Manger
EMEA
Tags (2)
Message 1 of 13

Post a Comment

This widget could not be displayed.
" />
" />
12 Replies
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Re: IOS 13.1 Validation Complete

Good day! 

We have just raised a support ticket for this FSA 3.6.1 Build 796 there is an issue with the keyboard when entering into fields within WO's which require typing in. Intermittently the keyboard doesn't launch so the field cannot be typed in(?). We have performed reset and re-sync but the keyboard problem still happens occasionally. Any advice would be appreciated?

Regards,

Mark

Message 2 of 13
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

@TrevAlexSVMX any update this is causing us real problems now!

Message 3 of 13
0 Likes
Product Team
Product Team

@mark_v3553 

We think one of the developers here saw this once and this happened with a non-English keyboard.  But he hasn't been able to repro consistently.

Can you confirm some of these details for me-

1. Is this issue only on non-English keyboard on iPad? Did this Ipad always have a non-English keyboard, even before upgrade?

2. Can you send a screenshot of the keyboard settings, Region / Language setting on this iPad?

3. Does this problem happen only on pop-overs?  Pop-overs are the screens that come up when you edit a child line (say Parts, Labor etc) in an SFM

4. Will you be able to share a video of this issue?

Message 4 of 13
0 Likes
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi,

Yes this is for the Spanish keyboard. This happens in popup search boxes as you rightly say like to add Part Used, Product Serviced and perform a child record search within work details. The video of this has been provided to support but we are not making progress with this yet it is really disrupting our business if you want to email me, I will share the video and any associated screen shots with you in Google Drive.

Regards, Mark

Message 5 of 13
0 Likes
Line Chef
Line Chef

@archana_krishna @brendenburkinsh @mark_v3553 @TrevAlexSVMX 

Hi Archana,

We also have had the same issue as Mark using FSA Version 3.6.2 Build 799 on iOS 13

We are using English (Australia) Keyboard.

Keyboard does not open when you tap onto the text field to allow you to type into the Popup search boxes to add parts or products, this is random and the only way around it is to close the FSA app (double tap home button and swipe off the screen) then re-open it, however this issue reoccurs again even after uninstalling and re-installing the app (also tried to reset the app).

Kind Regards,

Mohamad

Message 6 of 13
0 Likes
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

@mohamad_hafda @TrevAlexSVMX @archana_krishna I now have this issue with all my engineers in Spain and now also in Poland - both using non-English keyboards. This is a real issue impacting business, I have a follow up call today with support to address this however - I feel that the testing prior to releasing iOS 13.1 as suitable for FSA wasn't done correctly or thoroughly enough; otherwise this would have been seen! It needs to be fixed with real urgency. 

Message 7 of 13
0 Likes
Product Team
Product Team

@mohamad_hafda We worked with @mark_v3553  and his tech last week to investigate this.

This issue doesn’t seem anything to do with non-English Keyboard as originally suspected. But unfortunately Engineering is unable to find a consistent pattern of repro. This issue is being given utmost priority as it has affected a lot of customers across EMEA and AUS so far.

Can you also raise a support case, if not done already? 

Message 8 of 13
0 Likes
Product Team
Product Team

@mohamad_hafda  @brendenburkinsh  @mark_v3553 

We have been able to replicate the keyboard issue in just one scenario and we think we have a fix for this scenario. Will a couple of your affected users be able to test the fix for us? 

We plan to make the build with the fix will be available via TestFlight .  

The user who'll test will get an invite to the build, will have to click through and install it. The user will then login and perform the same steps and check if the issue is fixed.  I need the email address of the user who will test it. 

Let me know.

Thanks

Archana

Message 9 of 13
0 Likes
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Yes! Great news... I will reach out to you about the user who can test this for you.

Tags (1)
Message 10 of 13
0 Likes
" />
" />