cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change the information displayed in the calendar event boxes on the iPad app?

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Is it possible to change the information displayed in the calendar event boxes on the iPad app?

Jump to solution

Currently my engineers see the Account Name with the City underneath it, for each event on their iPad App calendar.  This is of limited use, as some of the engineers work mostly on one account but at different locations. (Some of which are in the same city).  Is there any way to show Location in these event boxes, in place of City?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is it possible to change the information displayed in the calendar event boxes on the iPad app?

Jump to solution

The information displayed on all events is determined by the value of group configuration settings SET005 and SET006 under module ServiceMax iPad Client and submodule Calendar.

For more information on how to configure the event display value, refer to Online Help at https://userdocs.servicemax.com/ServiceMaxHelp/Spring16/en_us/svmxhlp.htm#iPadApp/Calendar.htm#Event...

View solution in original post

Re: Is it possible to change the information displayed in the calendar event boxes on the iPad app?

Jump to solution

The information displayed on all events is determined by the value of group configuration settings SET005 and SET006 under module ServiceMax iPad Client and submodule Calendar.

For more information on how to configure the event display value, refer to Online Help at https://userdocs.servicemax.com/ServiceMaxHelp/Spring16/en_us/svmxhlp.htm#iPadApp/Calendar.htm#Event...

View solution in original post

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Swarnakala,

Thanks for getting back to me on this.  I have looked everywhere (possibly except the right place) but I can not find SET005 and SET006 in that module/submodule.  Should they be here, as expected:

I have even looked at creating them new, but custom setting IDs need to be 8 characters long..?

Any other ideas?

Jump to solution

Hi Aidan,

Sorry, I should have mentioned in my earlier reply that this setting is available from Spring '16 release onwards. Which ServiceMax server version are you on?

If it's prior to Spring '16, then the event display information cannot be customized.

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Jump to solution

Doh!!  Winter 16!  At least I know what to do after we update!

Many thanks,

Aidan

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Jump to solution

OK, so we're on Winter 17 now and I have changed SET005 and SET006.  Every Event seems to come through as a SalesForce Event, so uses SET005, but ideally I would love to push through SET006 info as it can access SM fields.  What is it that determines if an event will be a SF or SM one?  And is it possible to force SM event creation?  And are there any reasons why I shouldn't do this?  Failing that, is it possible to map Work Order fields into newly created SF event fields?  (i.e. Problem Description (Work Order) to Description (Event)).

Highlighted
Retired
Retired

Jump to solution

This section in online help may be of use.  It mentions GBL025 being set to ServiceMax Events

https://userdocs.servicemax.com/ServiceMaxHelp/Winter17/en_us/svmxhlp.htm#DispatchConsole/ConfigSett...

Jump to solution

It is possible to map the Work Order fields into newly created SF event fields through Event Subject Rules.

You can follow the steps to below:

• Configure the fields of the work order you need to be displayed in the subject in the Event Subject Rule.
  • Configure SET 005 or SET 006 (depending the type of event you want to be created)
    • For SET 005 {Subject} can be defined and For SET 006 {Name} can be defined.
  • Dispatch the work order through DC to the required technician
  • Perform a data sync on the device and you should be able to see the configured fields in the event subject rule, as the information displayed on the event.