Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to add additional columns to the FSA Search

Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Is there a way to add additional columns to the FSA Search

In the FSA (using v3.0.2 laptop) search I have 6 columns but only 4 columns show on screen and to see the additional data for the other 2 columns I have to click the "i" on the right of the record row to see all 6 pieces of information.  Is there a setting to allow display of more than 4 columns in the view.?

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Re: Is there a way to add additional columns to the FSA Search

Hello Casey Palmer, this may be addressed on both the browser and the FSA in the near future in conjunction with the SFM UI redesign which SMax is working on. Copying Anita D'Souza​ to see if it will be included in the redesign.

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Thanks for the update. 

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes
Retired
Retired

There is an idea posted on Ideas Exchange you might want to vote up:

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

In another idea, ​, Anita D'Souza​ talks about the extra real-estate that SFM Lightning beta in WIN18 will provide. Still no concrete answer about the number of columns allowed, but does look promising.

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Hi I have the same issue not in the search mode but as well in the object screen - expected 5 columns and displayed only 4 columns w/o any possibility to scroll on the right.

I created a ticket to Support but answer is to create an idea or request for an enhancement as described below - but I don't have sufficient privilege to use this document. please feel free to try from your side.

"iPad and the Android tablet will display four columns when in landscape mode and three columns when in portrait mode. In FSA Windows number of columns is not restricted and the user will be able to view additional column by using the horizontal scrollbar.If you are requesting view more than four columns on the iPad or the Android tablet, please submit an idea in ideas exchange portal in ServiceMax Community.This is the currently functionality and there are no roadmap plans to change the existing functionality therefore there is no work around that can be applied to achieve the same result. To have a new feature or existing functionality considered you will have to raise an enhancement via the Servicemax community https://community.servicemax.com/docs/DOC-2922"

Cidalia

0 Likes
Product Team
Product Team

hi @cpalmer  ,

FSA is limited to the number of columns it can show today. This is a very specific area we have been focussing on the Windows platform.  See here link

What platform(s) do you use the app on?  

0 Likes
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Hi @archana_krishna, we use FSA on Windows laptop currently. 

0 Likes
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

We would love to be able to display additional columns within the FSA app on iOS devices.

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

We as well.

0 Likes
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

User Reply

Hi @Anita_Dsouza

anything new with FSA or GO on the number of columns displayed in search results? i can see this request / conversation is 2 years old now and being asked by many customers.

It really depends on the kind of information being displayed as search results; why not have the ability to configure the number of columns?

@michael_rayner 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

For us it is about modifying the width of the columns  as well and customize if I only show 1 or 2 or 3 etc..

Our part descriptions are lengthy and would like to customize the width to show more than just the first few characters. 

Related to this: https://community.servicemax.com/t5/Mobile-Ideas/FSA-Product-Lookup-Not-Displaying-Entire-Text-in-Fi...

0 Likes