cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to type a note in Servicemax from the Ipad that does not show on the service report?

Highlighted
Line Chef
Line Chef

Is there a way to type a note in Servicemax from the Ipad that does not show on the service report?

I can enter a note from my computer but not from the Ipad.  Is there a step I am missing?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Re: Is there a way to type a note in Servicemax from the Ipad that does not show on the service report?

Hi Lenoria, there are a number of posts on the community about this and some within the ServiceMax help site.

The following posts appear to suggest that it is a current limitiation that you can only upload attachments that are photos or videos from your mobile device.

Attaching Photos/Videos to records from the iPad

Document Attachment (iPad)

ServiceMax Online Help

I suggest voting on the idea there is in the community for this:

I have a suggestion which may work to overcome this current limitation.

You could create a new report using the same functionality you use for your existing report. You could call this report 'Note', 'Notes', 'Add Note' or something similar.

Pull into this report a notes field from your work order. Either use an existing one or create a new one. Then when you save the report it will have the note populated in it and will create an attachment on the work order of the notes. In order to save additional notes edit the work order and change the value in the notes field. Then use your new report to create another attachment with the new note in it.

NB: I have not prototyped this so it may not work exactly as described.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Highlighted
Line Chef
Line Chef

Re: Is there a way to type a note in Servicemax from the Ipad that does not show on the service report?

Thank you,  I have viewed those post. I am not looking to attach a document.  What I need is a way to type a simple note (new note) from the ipad that only the office staff will be able to view and not linked to the service report.  Is that really the only way to add notes from the Ipad, that seems like a lot. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Is there a reason why you cannot use a field on the work order? Only fields that you select should be visible to the customer in the service report. You could add a new field or a few new fields to the work order. Those could easily be updated by the technician on the iPad.

Another suggestion would be to create a new object which you could either create a parent child relationship with work order or just a lookup relationship with work order. This could be configured as a related list on the work order for the office staff to view. You could configure the list to show the newest ones at the top. You would need to build an SFM to create/edit/delete records in these objects from the iPad.

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Highlighted
Product Team
Product Team

The service report is configurable and any field can be included or excluded from it. So a new text field to hold your notes to office staff can be created and added to the iPad's configuration for debriefing a Work Order. You can then add your notes from the iPad and your office staff will see it on the Work Order. Since that field will not configured to be in the service report, it will not be included.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lenoria and Richard,

I'm going to move this post to Network and Share​, where customers are asking and answering questions like this one. Lenoria, you can follow that space (in the top right corner) if you want to see new posts in your community inbox. You won't get emails except when you follow a specific thread, submit one yourself, reply, or click Follow in Inbox.

This space (About This Community​) is geared towards discussions of this community platform: where to find certain resources, where to post questions, and how to connect with others.

Thanks!

____

Did you know solutions are the most powerful thing in this community?  When someone answers your question - only you can mark it as a solution.
Help other members find valuable content faster - Mark Responses As Solutions and give out Kudos (Likes)!
0 Likes