cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numerous users having errors with mobile apps Summer16

Line Chef
Line Chef

Numerous users having errors with mobile apps Summer16

My org is experiencing issues with multiple users globally (US and EU). iPad users are consistently receiving the error "System limit exception: Blob value length exceeds maximum: 6000000 (SVMXC)" iPhone users are consistently receiving the error "An unknown error has occurred. Please try again later." The failure with the iPhone app typically occurs on step 5 of 6 "Downloading dataset record id's."

We are currently using the Summer16 version of the app. I've tested with other versions of the app including Winter16, Winter17 and Summer17, all to no avail. Testing was performed via standard cell dataplan with full coverage and WiFi.

No changes have been made to our "Mobile Configuration" at this time, my next step is to look at trimming down what objects are downloaded in the hope this will reduce possible strain on the sync. If any further information is needed from me please let me know.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Retired
Retired

Re: Numerous users having errors with mobile apps Summer16

Two things to check:

• Org wide setting SET006
  • Download Criteria (DC) and Advanced Download Criteria (ADC) configurations. There may be too much information configured for the download.

If you are still having issues, contact support as there may be some information in log files to pinpoint what is causing the issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Line Chef
Line Chef

Re: Numerous users having errors with mobile apps Summer16

SET006 was set to 3500 (no clue how that happened), changed to default of 10000. Changing SET011 for the effected profile from 70 (recommendation from ServiceMax technical support) to 50 also helped.

Looks like problem solved!