Employee
Employee

Offline Unique ID

It would be great if the unique ID's for records on the iPad were transferred to the server. If we had these we would be able to identify duplicates easily.  It seems that duplicates child records is a problem that almost every ServiceMax mobile customer faces, no matter how up to date a configuration is.  Including these simple details could save everyone a lot of time and hassle. Is there a plan to include data like this in future releases?

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Re: Offline Unique ID

We see duplicate upserts of child records on a daily basis - a mobile-generated unique ID would solve this issue.

In some cases we were able to create out own "mobile unique ID" to help identify these duplicates, but having something like this already taken in to account would be extremely helpful.

Our duplicate record issues stem exclusively from records Created on the mobile device - because they do not have unique IDs until they hit the server.

Thanks for posting this!!

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

I agree, this is still causing us issues as well.

Colby Lavin‌: Colby, is this being looked at? This is causing serious issues. This double issues product affecting our Inventory levels.

Until this is fixed I won't be able to move forward with using the Output Document to create our Service Reports.

Employee
Employee

Hi John Welisevich‌,

Thanks for raising this concern.  We are working on a solution to a similar duplicate child line item issue.  I examined your open cases and didn't see one for this this issue.  Please create a case with Support so we can collect all the pertinent information and I'll ensure the issues you are experiencing are addressed as part of the solution.

Thanks,
Colby

Colby Lavin - Director Product Management

ServiceMax, Inc.

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Colby,

Would the duplicate issue I had experienced previously, which I am sure you are aware of, be resolved in this potential solution?

Stephen

Employee
Employee

Hi Stephen Lortscher‌,

I took a look at the Case you created and noticed that reproducibility was challenging.  We have another customer with this issue and we are able to duplicate the issue so I am optimistic it will resolve your issue too.  I'll reach out to you separately to explore next steps.

Thanks,
Colby

ServiceMax, Inc.

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

We have a lot more data then we did back in October [case#14863].

We are seeing duplicates of child objects still, but now we are also seeing duplicates of offline iPad-created Parent objects as well.

Would duplicate Parent records also be covered under this?

Employee
Employee

Hi Alex Langston‌,

It's hard to know without understanding root cause.  Since you are seeing a new issue, it would make sense to create a new case so we can track it appropriately.  Similar to my response to John Welisevich, please create a case with Support so we can collect all the pertinent information and I'll work with engineering to see if the issues you are experiencing can be addressed as part of the solution.

Thanks,

Colby

ServiceMax, Inc.

Employee
Employee

Colby Lavin

What Alex and I were getting at with the original post.  Instead of doing an insert on record creation, if this was an upsert and assuming there was an offline unique ID for records prior to being uploading couldn't we just have an external id field on the server so if a record gets inserted twice it will not result in a duplicated record?

Employee
Employee

Thanks Stephen Lortscher‌.  It may not make sense to try to solution this on a Community thread, but I'll share your thoughts with engineering.  Best path forward is to have you work with Support so all the required information can be gathered before engineering looks to identify root cause and a solution.

Thanks,
Colby

ServiceMax, Inc.

Employee
Employee

Colby Lavin​ .  Were you able to find a potential fix for the duplicate issue since last posting?  If so, were any fixes put in any releases since then?

Employee
Employee

John Welisevich​ , are you still experiencing duplicate problems?