cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricebook Entry Updates not coming down to iPad Solution ideas?

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Pricebook Entry Updates not coming down to iPad Solution ideas?

Assuming a Product record is part of the download criteria:

When the Product record is updated, therefore triggering it as part of the next data sync logic, it will automatically grab the associated Pricebook Entry record as well:

ServiceMax Online Help (See "advanced Get Price section, point #3)

However, here is where I am stuck:

When JUST the Pricebook Entry record is updated, and the Product record is NOT updated, the new prices do not download to the iPad

First thought was to write an Apex Trigger to force-update the Product, however Pricebook Entry object does NOT allow Apex Triggers upon insert/update

Does anyone have a solution or ideas for this?

Only other idea i have is to do regular data dumps and use data loader to mass-update Product records manually - would like to avoid if possible!

Thanks in advance for all responses

Highlighted
Retired
Retired

Re: Pricebook Entry Updates not coming down to iPad Solution ideas?

Please check the solution suggested in this thread in Salesforce developer forum: Trigger on Pricebook and Pricebookentry - Salesforce Developer Community

Here is the idea that can be voted on: Allow Triggers on Pricebook2 and PricebookEntry objects - Ideas - Salesforce Success Community

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Re: Pricebook Entry Updates not coming down to iPad Solution ideas?

So the only solution that seems viable is to run a scheduled apex class to look for newly created / newly updated Pricebook Entry records

I do something similar manually with Excel and DataLoader at the beginning of each month

But it is necessary to update the Product record in one way or another, in order to trigger the iPads to download new pricebook entry records

Was just looking to see if anyone had come up with any flows or scheduled apex and if it worked/didnt work