Did you mean: 

Pulse App - Multiple Notifications 1 Work Order

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Pulse App - Multiple Notifications 1 Work Order

ORG - Winter 18

• iPhone
  • SM - Winter 18 & Pulse App - both up to date
  • Setup of Pulse configuration and using ANS and setup remote site.
  • On iPhone I am signed into apps under a test technician, not as myself since I am an admin.

To test, I have one notification alert set to send the notification when the WO status = tentative.  This works but I receive 3 notification in the pulse app for the same WO.  I have only created this one WO since setting up Pulse and I do see in my alert log that I have 3 entries. 

Any idea as to why I would be receiving the multiple notifications..  FYI - I also have my email address as a an additional recipient and I receive 3 emails with this notification alert as well. 

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Re: Pulse App - Multiple Notifications 1 Work Order

Hope RodriguezKimberly Christmas

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi @cpalmer, my colleagues have done A LOT of testing around Pulse and experienced the same problem as you.

We do have a few code solutions to getting around it which I am sure I can share if you are interested, however as we are working to move away from customization we will not be using them.

So potential root causes below.

1. ServiceMax Managed Package code is running multiple times for one transaction. There is a setting you can use to prevent this.

2. Your own custom code is running multiple times for one transaction. We found we had code around events that was causing this. Check for field update workflows on event or work order. Also check if you have any wierd code that deletes events and then recreates them when reassigning. We have both of these causing us challenges.

It is also worth discussing with Joseph June and @gabriele_bodda the notification options coming in Service Board which will work with initially the FSA iPhone app and eventually the iPad one. They will be for Service Board assignments initially and then be able to be used broader in future releases.

Product Team
Product Team

Thanks @richard_lewis. The new approach to push notifications will initially (19.1) only work between Service Board and the new smartphone app. Later (tentatively 19.2) we will expand it to connect the new smartphone app to SFDC/DC1. Once the new tablet app becomes available (tentatively 19.3), it will also use the same new kind of push notifications. 

As far as I know, there are no plans to enhance the Pulse app. @joseph_june will be able to comment on the timeline above and on any recommendations around using Pulse. 

Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Hi @richard_lewis ,

Thanks for the reply.  We are also trying to move away and limit the customization as much as possible.  I am glad you were able to find a potential root cause.. I was scratching my head their for a while.   We had decided to move away from this app after issues

Hi @gabriele_bodda , Based on your comments with the new Service Board and new Smart Phone app, are you referring to a New SM phone app that will receive push notifications without the need to have 2 apps (SM Phone app and Pulse app?)

Product Team
Product Team

Hi @cpalmer, correct. The new smartphone app can receive notifications from Service Board directly, without the need of another app.