cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove the Limit To: filter on look up searches

russjaco
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Remove the Limit To: filter on look up searches

Jump to solution

Hi

 

In the iPad app, we have a configure lookup for parts on a SFM, and against this we use a My Trunk Stock filter, this has been set up and working since Spring 13. In Winter 15, the look up still works okay, but there is now an additional filter criteria called Limit to: and it is defaulted on, and this new criteria doesn't allow any parts to show on the look up, the user has to open the filters option, and tick this new criteria off to see any parts.

 

I don't know where this criteria has come from, it is not in the SFM configured lookup, and it doesn't seem to have any function other than to annoy (okay i assume you can feed it a criteria in some way), we dont need it, so is there a way of removing it, or failing that can we at least default it to off?

 

Thanks

Russ

SmaxLookUpCapture.PNG

This widget could not be displayed.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
meenakshi_s
Retired
Retired

Re: Remove the Limit To: filter on look up searches

Jump to solution

Hi Russ,

The configuration looks ok. However, you can try unchecking the Override Context checkbox and doing a config sync to see if the issue goes away.

If it does not resolve the issue, you can try these steps: Remove the lookup field, save the page layout, add the lookup field again, associate only the lookup configuration (with the related advanced filters), and save the page layout; do config sync and check if the issue is resolved.

As the Win 15 app is a new app built from the ground up with a different UI & UX for the same functionality, there might be some differences between this app and the older versions of the app (till Sum 14). As and when we identify any of these differences as defects, we will address them.

Regards,

Meenakshi.

View solution in original post

meenakshi_s
Retired
Retired

Re: Remove the Limit To: filter on look up searches

Jump to solution

Hi Russ,

'Limit to' is displayed when there is a Context filter defined for a lookup field. Can you check what the properties of this lookup field are in the Screen Designer tab of SFM Designer?

Regards,

Meenakshi.

russjaco
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Re: Remove the Limit To: filter on look up searches

Jump to solution

Hi Meenaski

Thanks for coming back, i do have 2 Advanced Filters set up, but just the 2 that i want seen on the list not the Limit To one:ContextCapture.PNG

Thanks

Russ

meenakshi_s
Retired
Retired

Re: Remove the Limit To: filter on look up searches

Jump to solution

Hi Russ,

What we need to check is the Lookup Context, which is there in the Properties pane when you select a lookup field in the Screen Designer tab, as shown in the image below. It has these options: Override Content checkbox, Context picklist, and Matching Field picklist. For lookup fields in lines sections, there will be one more option: Context Source picklist (this can be set to the header or the lines section).

Regards,

Meenakshi.

russjaco
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Re: Remove the Limit To: filter on look up searches

Jump to solution

Hi Meenakshi

Ah, i see, i dont have a context set, as i am entering a part number in to the WO line, and this is just a look up field:

ContextCapture2.PNG

I guess as i don't have a context value specified then the limit value is blank, and hence the issue; so i assume i need to turn of the override check, or even blank the source?

As i said, until Winter 15 it worked fine, so i assume something has changed?

Thanks

Russ

meenakshi_s
Retired
Retired

Re: Remove the Limit To: filter on look up searches

Jump to solution

Hi Russ,

The configuration looks ok. However, you can try unchecking the Override Context checkbox and doing a config sync to see if the issue goes away.

If it does not resolve the issue, you can try these steps: Remove the lookup field, save the page layout, add the lookup field again, associate only the lookup configuration (with the related advanced filters), and save the page layout; do config sync and check if the issue is resolved.

As the Win 15 app is a new app built from the ground up with a different UI & UX for the same functionality, there might be some differences between this app and the older versions of the app (till Sum 14). As and when we identify any of these differences as defects, we will address them.

Regards,

Meenakshi.

View solution in original post

russjaco
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Re: Remove the Limit To: filter on look up searches

Jump to solution

Hi Meenakshi

I was a little sceptical that removing and adding the look up field to the SFM page, would fix the issue, but i take my hat off to you, it did the trick.

First i turned off the context check box, but all that did was grey out the Filter To option, which was worse as the user couldn't turn the Fitler To option off, so next i tried the rebuild and indeed it has fixed the issue; this should be published as useful hint somewhere.

Thanks for your help.

Russ

meenakshi_s
Retired
Retired

Re: Remove the Limit To: filter on look up searches

Jump to solution

Hi Russ,

Glad to know that the issue is resolved! We will add it to the Tips for Troubleshooting section in online help in the next release.

Regards,

Meenakshi.