cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve events and tasks for the next setting

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Retrieve events and tasks for the next setting

Our current mobile configuration is to set Retrieve events and tasks for the next +30 and -10 days. One of our new orgs would like this to be much further out, say six (6) months. What are the issues or considerations we should consider in evaluating making this change?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Retrieve events and tasks for the next setting

Hi Jeff,

I would ask what would the reason (the business case) be for wanting it to be setup to go that far in back in time?

I think the most important thing to consider is the impact to your mobile data download and sync. I would review the download criteria and advanced download criteria, to check for any queries that are dependent / controlled by the Work Order record being downloaded. This could potentially mean a number of records are downloaded that aren't relevant for Technician's current job and increases the time it takes for a data sync to be completed. 

Javed

Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Re: Retrieve events and tasks for the next setting

Hi Javed,

Thanks for your reply and information.

Our business partners assume they need to see the calendar events to prevent scheduling preventive maintenance work orders on top of each other. While I am challenging this assumption, I needed a refresher on the implications which are not insignificant if they try and schedule many jobs far out into the future. It will be interesting to check current practices and data to see how often they are scheduling a job more than 30 days ahead f time, and then how often they reschedule jobs.

Again, thanks for your helpful answer.

Jeff

0 Likes