Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVMX Output Document - workflow to automatically email client on finalisation

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

SVMX Output Document - workflow to automatically email client on finalisation

Jump to solution

Has anyone implemented an automated process that can email a SVMX Output document from the iPad app to a predefined email address on the Work Order Object?

Message 1 of 11
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Re: SVMX Output Document - workflow to automatically email client on finalisation

Jump to solution

We have such a trigger to fire when it sees the report attachment and the send to customer field is true. We need to know if the WO is closed online or offline because we still create a more comprehensive report online from the WO and WD , and this report will always get sent. We need to know then whether to wait for the offline report before sending the email because in the offline-closure scenario, the email will contain both reports.

Message 9 of 11
10 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: SVMX Output Document - workflow to automatically email client on finalisation

Jump to solution

Hi Brenden,

This functionality is built into the ServiceMax product. I'm assuming it is a Service Report you want send to your customers after the WO is closed.

To make this work ensure the Contact field (standard ServiceMax field) on the Work Order is populated and the linked Contact has an email address on their Contact record. Once you finalise your Service Report on the mobile app and sync is initiated and completed, this triggers the process of the Service Report being sent in an email. The document sent is available as an attachment on the Work Order afterwards. 

Javed

Message 2 of 11
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Javed Ahmed

Thanks for your response.

I have created a custom servicemax output document which we call a "Proof of Service Report", I would like to email this to the related contacts email address upon completion of works instead of the standard iPad Service Report. I have added this output document as a step within an SFM wizard and it is generating as intended, It also falls under the service report sync status. My question is do I need to have a custom trigger written to send this email or can this be configured within the standard servicemax product.

Regards,

Brenden

Message 3 of 11
Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Jump to solution

The magic happens when the generated PDF is attached to the work order. You shouldn't need to do anything special other than make sure the "Email Service Report" box is checked before it is attached.

Message 4 of 11
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Jump to solution

Where is the "Emails Service Report" check box located David?

Message 5 of 11
Line Chef
Line Chef

Jump to solution

I would  like to change the verbiage on the email template - can you tell me where I can find that email template?

Message 6 of 11
0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

To clarify, this process is not automated out of the box within ServiceMax. Our Professional Services team has built what we call an Accelerator for this functionality to be automated, however it did require a custom trigger to be in place. It requires an email address on the work order and grabbing the last attachment (i.e. output document / smart doc) synced to the server from the mobile application to be placed into an email template that you want to send to the customer upon a particular status or update to the work order.

Message 7 of 11
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Jump to solution

MunMun Malik​ so the service report is added to an email template as an attachment and fired based on predefined criteria. Where do I go to set this up as I seem to be at a loss to where I am suppose to go to configure this. 

Message 8 of 11
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Jump to solution

We have such a trigger to fire when it sees the report attachment and the send to customer field is true. We need to know if the WO is closed online or offline because we still create a more comprehensive report online from the WO and WD , and this report will always get sent. We need to know then whether to wait for the offline report before sending the email because in the offline-closure scenario, the email will contain both reports.

Message 9 of 11
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Thank you Mark for adding that. Brenden Burkinshaw​ as Mark noted, it requires a custom trigger, it is not standard ServiceMax configuration.

Message 10 of 11