Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salesforce Winter'18 Release

pchrist
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Salesforce Winter'18 Release

Hello,

Is someone here already working on Salesforce Winter'18 Release?

I remember that there were some challenges with previous SFDC releases, meaning certain Servicemax functionality wasn't working anymore and it was necessary to install a patch.

Do you know of any issues? Please let me know what we have to consider.

Thanks

Pia

acooper
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Re: Salesforce Winter'18 Release

Hi Pia,

We have performed some testing on a sandbox with SF Winter 18 release and discovered that service reports no longer work with the iPhone Winter 17 mobile app. When trying to save and sync the service report, we are met with an error: "An unknown error has occurred. Please try again later". Any further attempts to sync result in this error too so the app becomes un-usable.

As we capture a service report for every work order, this is a huge issue for us. Our production SF instance (NA37) is due to be upgraded on October 14th.

We have raised the highest priority case we can with ServiceMax support and its currently under investigation with Salesforce. Nicola Griffin-Seaby​ is helping us with this issue

An unknown error has occurred. Please try again later

slortscher
Employee
Employee

Adam Cooper

In UAT currently with a client and having the exact same issue.  Same error, mobile app, etc. 

Creating a case

Nicola Griffin-SeabyLacy Cotton

mmajerus6
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

I would like to understand if there are any other areas of functionality affected by Salesforce Winter '18. As Adam and Stephen noted, the iPhone '17 app is affected. Will output docs be affected on other apps as well such as the FSA and MFL? We are planning our update in 2 weeks. I'd like to get ahead of any issues.

Lisa MercerBrian Waiser​ salesforce

0 Likes
lisa_mercer
Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

Michael Majerus

I'll check with Brian Waiser​ to ensure you have the necessary information for your next meeting.

---
If you want to get my attention quickly, please be sure to @ me!  @lisa_mercer

johnw
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

I'm seeing an issue on the Summer 16 iPad App  Ver 16.60.024 & 16.60.017.

In our case we don't see an error message, the PDF is just not created. We see the HTML file and the 2 PNG files on the WO.. I also saw these being replicated sometimes tripled. After a successful data sync, the iPad showed there were still docs in the que- visible on the tools page under Service Report Sync Status. Performing a data sync would not push them to the server.

We can create a Service report on the server side with no issues.

I have opened a case with support as well.

Anita Sathyamurthy​, Kevin FrenchStephanie Nguyen

0 Likes
johnw
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Here's the response I received from Tech Support today:

Status: Engineering is working with Salesforce on this issue.

Next Steps: Awaiting feedback from Engineering.

0 Likes
dschiess
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi John - did you get your issue resolved in your Summer '16 version?

0 Likes
johnw
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Dan, the issue was fixed in the sandbox back in September.

The same problem just came up again in Production. There’s a different thread in the critical support section

0 Likes
richard_lewis
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

https://community.servicemax.com/community/support/critical-updates/blog/2017/11/16/output-document-...

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes
richard_lewis
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Pia Christ, We have been experiencing some issues with Salesforce Winter 18 and have been told that ServiceMax are working closely with Salesforce to get a resolution. They are around PDFs generated from Output documents and also the app crashing.

I suggest that, if you have not already done so, you test your solution in a Sandbox as soon as possible and log any issues with ServiceMax as high priority Support Cases so they can work through them with Salesforce.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes
acooper
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hi all, the latest update I have is from SF Support this morning: "There has been good progress on this issue over the past four days.  A fix for this issue has been created and will be deployed into Winter 18 preview instances in the next few days."

pchrist
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Hi Adam,

Thank you for the update.

Just want to make sure that I understood you correctly. Salesforce will provide an update for their Winter'18 release?

Thanks,

Pia

0 Likes
richard_lewis
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Pia, yes you are correct. We have received the same update. It is important though to test yourselves in a Sandbox with Salesforce Winter 18 and confirm what issues you are having to ServiceMax who can confirm if the Salesforce fix will resolve your problems.

Regards, Richard

acooper
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Totally agree with Richard here.

I also heard from ServiceMax that there should be no upgrade required to the ServiceMax package, but this is still to be confirmed 100%.

I'll post more updates when I hear more

pchrist
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

I've opened a ticket bc when we sync the Service Report on an iPhone we get 3 attachments (1 html, 2 png) instead of 1 pdf file.

0 Likes
richard_lewis
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Pia, we are experiencing a similar issue and have been told it is related to a Salesforce change. This change is  what Salesforce are providing the update for that Adam mentioned. I would get ServiceMax to confirm this for you though. 

Regards, Richard

johnw
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Adam,

Did SF support give you a patch Winter 18 Patch number?

Thanks

0 Likes
acooper
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

No I'm afraid not, still waiting to hear when this patch will be applied.

richard_lewis
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi all, I am expecting the fix to be released by Salesforce 3rd or 4th Oct at some point. No time or timezone has yet been offered. I don't have a patch number as the conversation with Salesforce has all been completed through ServiceMax. However this may be a different timing for your instance of Salesforce. We are on na6.

Regards, Richard

richard_lewis
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Expected date corrected in the above

0 Likes
george_piper
Administrator
Administrator

Last week, ServiceMax received reports that end users were not able to see a generated Service Report as a PDF attachment on the Work Order. Once the issue was investigated and identified as a platform issue, we have been working with Salesforce to resolve the issue. Because only a segment of our customer base was impacted at, we opted to work with those customers directly. Although we do not have a confirmed date of the fix release by Salesforce, we are assured it will be before Production upgrades to Winter18. If we have any further updates, we will update this post.

acooper
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Thanks for the update George - relieved to know it will be fixed before production is upgraded to Winter 18!

russjaco
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hi All

Just to confirm, we have seen this issue on our Sandbox where we are testing W17, with the W17 classic app on the iPad, we have also tested the FSA, which seems to work correctly.

Thanks

Russ

george_piper
Administrator
Administrator

ServiceMax has received confirmation from Salesforce that the patch will be applied in sandboxes on October 3rd between 3-5PM PST.

richard_lewis
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Thanks for the update George. We will be testing first thing tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Regards, Richard

0 Likes
johnw
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Yes, thanks for the updates on this.

I'll be able to test during this time frame today.

johnw
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

No change seen yet. Still creates 3 files. My Sandbox is on CS9 and we are on Winter 18 Patch 7.4. Will continue tomorrow

0 Likes
johnw
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Success! I completed a few tests and this is now working for our Sandbox (CS9 Instance)

mmajerus6
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hello George,

Thank you for staying on top of this. Once the SFDC patch is applied today, is the SMax internal team testing across the mobile apps? We are planning on upgrading to the FSA 3.02 app on Friday, and am wondering if we are going to run into any issues. Does the patch solve for the issue across devices/versions or do we need to test each one by one?

Lisa MercerBrian Waiser