Is someone here already working on Salesforce Winter'18 Release?
I remember that there were some challenges with previous SFDC releases, meaning certain Servicemax functionality wasn't working anymore and it was necessary to install a patch.
Do you know of any issues? Please let me know what we have to consider.
We have performed some testing on a sandbox with SF Winter 18 release and discovered that service reports no longer work with the iPhone Winter 17 mobile app. When trying to save and sync the service report, we are met with an error: "An unknown error has occurred. Please try again later". Any further attempts to sync result in this error too so the app becomes un-usable.
As we capture a service report for every work order, this is a huge issue for us. Our production SF instance (NA37) is due to be upgraded on October 14th.
We have raised the highest priority case we can with ServiceMax support and its currently under investigation with Salesforce. Nicola Griffin-Seaby is helping us with this issue
An unknown error has occurred. Please try again later
I would like to understand if there are any other areas of functionality affected by Salesforce Winter '18. As Adam and Stephen noted, the iPhone '17 app is affected. Will output docs be affected on other apps as well such as the FSA and MFL? We are planning our update in 2 weeks. I'd like to get ahead of any issues.
I'm seeing an issue on the Summer 16 iPad App Ver 16.60.024 & 16.60.017.
In our case we don't see an error message, the PDF is just not created. We see the HTML file and the 2 PNG files on the WO.. I also saw these being replicated sometimes tripled. After a successful data sync, the iPad showed there were still docs in the que- visible on the tools page under Service Report Sync Status. Performing a data sync would not push them to the server.
We can create a Service report on the server side with no issues.
I have opened a case with support as well.
Here's the response I received from Tech Support today:
Status: Engineering is working with Salesforce on this issue.
Next Steps: Awaiting feedback from Engineering.
The same problem just came up again in Production. There’s a different thread in the critical support section
Hi Pia Christ, We have been experiencing some issues with Salesforce Winter 18 and have been told that ServiceMax are working closely with Salesforce to get a resolution. They are around PDFs generated from Output documents and also the app crashing.
I suggest that, if you have not already done so, you test your solution in a Sandbox as soon as possible and log any issues with ServiceMax as high priority Support Cases so they can work through them with Salesforce.
Hi all, the latest update I have is from SF Support this morning: "There has been good progress on this issue over the past four days. A fix for this issue has been created and will be deployed into Winter 18 preview instances in the next few days."
Thank you for the update.
Just want to make sure that I understood you correctly. Salesforce will provide an update for their Winter'18 release?
Hi Pia, yes you are correct. We have received the same update. It is important though to test yourselves in a Sandbox with Salesforce Winter 18 and confirm what issues you are having to ServiceMax who can confirm if the Salesforce fix will resolve your problems.
Totally agree with Richard here.
I also heard from ServiceMax that there should be no upgrade required to the ServiceMax package, but this is still to be confirmed 100%.
I'll post more updates when I hear more
Hi Pia, we are experiencing a similar issue and have been told it is related to a Salesforce change. This change is what Salesforce are providing the update for that Adam mentioned. I would get ServiceMax to confirm this for you though.
Hi all, I am expecting the fix to be released by Salesforce 3rd or 4th Oct at some point. No time or timezone has yet been offered. I don't have a patch number as the conversation with Salesforce has all been completed through ServiceMax. However this may be a different timing for your instance of Salesforce. We are on na6.
Expected date corrected in the above
Last week, ServiceMax received reports that end users were not able to see a generated Service Report as a PDF attachment on the Work Order. Once the issue was investigated and identified as a platform issue, we have been working with Salesforce to resolve the issue. Because only a segment of our customer base was impacted at, we opted to work with those customers directly. Although we do not have a confirmed date of the fix release by Salesforce, we are assured it will be before Production upgrades to Winter18. If we have any further updates, we will update this post.
Just to confirm, we have seen this issue on our Sandbox where we are testing W17, with the W17 classic app on the iPad, we have also tested the FSA, which seems to work correctly.
Thanks for the update George. We will be testing first thing tomorrow, fingers crossed!
Thank you for staying on top of this. Once the SFDC patch is applied today, is the SMax internal team testing across the mobile apps? We are planning on upgrading to the FSA 3.02 app on Friday, and am wondering if we are going to run into any issues. Does the patch solve for the issue across devices/versions or do we need to test each one by one?