Has anyone experienced Service reports stuck in the ‘Service Report sync queue’ and not being sent back during a Data Sync.
When our techs do a manual data sync and it completes successfully, the Service reports still get stuck in the queue. You can try and try again and they just stay in the sync queue.
This seems to have happened since the 15.60.026 update, all our techs have experienced this issue.
I’ve logged a case, however interested in finding out if anyone has similar problems?
Below screenshots show at 10:10 I have a service report queued up after a data sync. I performed another manual data sync (10:36) and the Service report is still queued.
I’ll come back if I get a response back from ServiceMax, if anyone is interested.
Adriano, we are having exactly the same problem here and it is very frustrating for the techs. I am not sure that I agree that it appears to have happened since the upgrade as i recall it happening before that as well (currently we are running Spring 15 and hope to go to Winter 16 in the near future) I will be very interested to see if anybody else is having this experience
Doug Van Kirk are you able to provide any feedback on this point us to the right person in ServiceMax to help with this issue.
Hi Adriano and Jamie,
I have by now experienced service report sync issues on 2 different ORGs already.
I've witnessed 2 scenarios where the sync fails. In both cases I see reports stuck in the queue on the Ipad. First scenario results in a 'shell pdf document' on the ORG (=meaning a file with pdf extension does get uploaded to the ORG, but it's 20KB and throws errors when you try and read it). The second scenario results in 3 'shell' documents on the ORG; 1 .html and 2 .png files (for the signatures). All 3 files are again impossible to open.
On one of the environments I understood from the users that after a reset of the app (and subsequent loss of data), the issue was resolved for a while. In the other environment, it just consistently goes wrong.
By now I already witnessed the issue with Spring 15, Summer 15 and now also Winter 16 Ipad apps (and also the android apps).
Also I have logged a case and am eagerly waiting for a solution to this issue.
We have been experiencing this issue ourselves since moving to summer 15 in Dec 2015. I have had tickets raised but Support are not able to replicate so still have no solution to why this is occurring and what can be done to avoid it. The technicians are frustrated out in the field as they have to reset again the app to remove and restart
Hi Adriano Vega/ Lesley Evans / Nele Crabbe / Jamie McKechnie - Thank you for this thread, this is a very important issue to get resolved and this was a great way to get visibility for it. If you could, please confirm the Case#'s for the case associated to the issue and we can have our community response team work with Support to get updates as quickly as possible. If you have not logged a case, please visit our Support Login page to log a case so we can take the necessary actions to get this issue resolved for each of you. Thank you each again for your time and your patience while we work to resolve as quickly as possible.
Please see the issue numbers raised via our company.
On all occasions then replication has not been possible.
The case numbers:
- 00033679 (open)
- 00027836 ((pre-maturely) closed)
Looking forward to see a resolution for these issues!
Thank you for the post because just yesterday I saw this issue during UAT. Look forward to learning from SVMX what the solution is because we actually just upgraded to Winter '16.
Hi Michael, hope your well?
I would be interested in any feedback you have regarding Winter 16 as we have just committed to go live with it in May and will be heavily testing in April to de-risk as much as possible
Great to hear from you!
We just completed two weeks of UAT on Winter '16 and I wish I could tell you
it went perfectly, but there are a few issues. The biggest concern and
something you need to test is the iPad app. We have unacceptable high sync
times that have made the app almost useless. Though in all fairness to SVMX
I/we need to do an internal investigation to make sure we did not introduce the
problem with poor download or advance download criteria. The other big change
you will notice is the new UI for the Dispatch Console (DC). Again we found
some issues - mainly with the advance technician search and the behavior of
events in the Gantt chart.
Give me a few more weeks and I will be able to give you a more thorough
Good luck and take care.
I am seeing this on our Summer 15 version as well!
Not only do they get stuck on the iPad but they sync every time and create a new attachment on the work order each time too.
We have a ticket open through our vendor, with Servicemax engineering. They are looking into it and I will post if I hear before you do.
I have fixed our problem on this. It turns out we had a trigger on attachments that prevented them being deleted. This trigger was preventing the sync from doing its work because it needs to delete certain files after they've synced. We added exclusions for our iPad reports and problem solved.