cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Servicemax wants to know: What do you think of these new screens?

Product Team
Product Team

Servicemax wants to know: What do you think of these new screens?

Hi Servicemax Fans: Attached are 2 ideas to replace the current summary view used in the Calendar function on the iPad (they're just ideas right now).

Please take a look and consider the questions below. There's no right or wrong answer and we won't be offended by any comments, so let us know what you think!

Remember, these are just ideas for a new design; we aren't committed to building any of these at this point.

Here's our Current Summary Page

Current Summary.jpg

Idea 1: Here's one idea for a revised summary. This design expands on the summary by adding rich configurable widgets and places frequently used SFM actions on the page for easy access (the others are available on a menu). The default orientation of this is portrait because we believe it's a more natural way to interact with the iPad in the field. The background color can be changed to match your organization.

Work Order - Pull Out Calendar.jpg

Idea 2 Here's another take: In this version, the same widgets are used and the calendar is always shown. SFM actions are accessed via a menu. As with the above,  the background color can be changed to match your organization.

WO Summary with Cal.jpg

What do you think of these designs? What do you think would be more helpful to your technicians - a persistent calendar or quick access to frequently-used SFM actions? Why? What do you think of the rest of the work order design? Like it? Hate it? Do you think moving to this would be disruptive for your organization? Any other thoughts?

Thanks for your help.

And don't miss the ServiceMax Mobile Usability survey: ServiceMax Usability Survey https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1O37XmwkE_33k431r_lh3hUpI0Lu-qWoyC7BYIoBJ4O8/viewform?usp=send_form

Message 1 of 8
7 Replies
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Re: Servicemax wants to know: What do you think of these new screens?

Hey Doug, these look like a great step forward in presenting a summary information load to the technician.

I think it would be good if you could have some form of priority flagging on the work order, either in the calendar view or the summary information.

I think that my preference would head towards the second option with the persistent calendar as it would give a complete overview for the technician on one screen.

The ability to change the background colour to your companies colour is a good option but in my opinion really falls short of actually having your companies logo showing on the screen.

If a logo could be watermarked into the background colour I think this would be a good step.

Message 2 of 8
Product Team
Product Team

Thanks for your input, Jamie. Priority flagging is available in our current product. However, many customers use the priority flag to indicate other status (like type of job, etc.) because it added color-coding to the events on the calendar. So we're rethinking that one now.

Here's another preview I'd love to get your feedback on:

Message 3 of 8

Hi Doug,

Love the look!

Doug Van Kirk

Ideal 1 would be my preference.  Once the WO has been selected from the calendar, I'd rather see the SFM Actions on the right pane verses accessing them from the Actions menu.  More consistent behavior across UX.

Kathryn

Message 4 of 8
0 Likes
Line Chef
Line Chef

Hey Doug, Great UI options. Love the idea of being able to customize the background color which we are missing post Winter 15 live. Me and my colleagues would prefer option one as number of clicks to access actions is more than accessing calendar.

Durga

Message 5 of 8
0 Likes
Product Team
Product Team

Thanks for your input Durga. How many actions do you typically present in the actions menu on a work order?

Here's another quick poll for you:

Message 6 of 8
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Doug

Both look good but I would say option 1 is preferred. This give good information without having to drill into the work order.

Is there a way that the current view can be amended? Pre Winter15 we used to changed the details in the Dispatch Management with the views but no one that I've spoken too at ServiceMax seems to know how to change from the Account to a different field, we normally have the site.

Colin

Message 7 of 8
Product Team
Product Team

Hi Colin: Thanks for the feedback.  If you have some time, I'd like to better understand what you're trying to do. Feel free to contact me at doug.vankirk@servicemax.com. Here's another quick survey:

Message 8 of 8
0 Likes