cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spring '15 iPad App initial sync won't complete when product stock is present

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Spring '15 iPad App initial sync won't complete when product stock is present

I've installed the Spring '15 upgrade in a Sandbox and am having problems with the initial sync.  It works fine for a user with no real data (I.e. me, the admin), but won't get past step 5 (Downloading events and their related record ID's) when using a user with real data (inventory, events, work orders, etc.)  I have let it sit at this point in excess of one hour and it has yet to complete.

Is there some other step that I'm supposed to do after the upgrade?  Obviously, I'm using the Spring '15 iPad App.

0 Likes

Re: Spring '15 iPad App initial sync won't complete when product stock is present

Hi Travis,

Thank  you for posting your comment in the community.  It sounds like this may be the first time you are setting up the iPad application for your org.  The first thing I would take a look at would be your download criteria.  Depending on the size of your company, number of work orders created, number of work orders dispatched and inventory, you may be hitting the limits of the iPad.   You can check and adjust your download criteria by doing the following:

ServiceMax Setup | Mobile Configuration | Go

Select the Profile of your iPad users

At the next screen, click the Download Criteria tab

Often times, this is initially setup for Download Criteria: None and Ownership Type: All Records.  What this does is downloads ALL of the records in that object.  This is typically way more data than the technician needs.  You can set Ownership Type to My Records which will only download records owned by the technician that is logged in.  Additionally, you can click the Add link under Download Criteria on the right side of the grid and create your own download criteria.  This limits the number of records that are downloaded to the iPads and can significantly increase sync speeds.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or if you need any assistance with setting this up.

Have a great weekend and I look forward to hearing back from you!

Dez

crt_desiraes​

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Re: Spring '15 iPad App initial sync won't complete when product stock is present

Hi Desirae,

I'm only syncing/downloading product stock that belongs to the logged in engineer with a status of available.  I've opened case 34078 to help me resolve the issue now that we have a Sandbox upgraded to Summer '15.

Travis

0 Likes