cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summer 14 Attachment Size issue on iPad?

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Summer 14 Attachment Size issue on iPad?

Is there a reason why when attaching a picture to a Work Order on an ipad that is using Summer 14, that it makes a 1 MB picture become a 8 MB picture?  If we use Spring 14  to upload the same picture on the same iPad it remains 1 MB.    Mike Monin

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Summer 14 Attachment Size issue on iPad?

Hi Susan, I'm not sure why it's causing the picture file to grow in size.  Please open a ticket with ServiceMax support so the can investigate.
  George PiperJosh TrujilloJoshua Nelson

Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Thanks Mike.  Yes we opened up a case with them already on Friday.  I posted here as well to see if this was a known issue to anyone else.  We hope to hear why we having this issue soon as it is eating up space.  Some of our WOs can have up to 10 pics and at 8 MB each you can just imagine.

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Hi Susan, I will ask my team during our weekly team meeting today if they have seen this issue. Please keep us posted what the issue and resolution was.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Susan

Reported issue "Attachment image size increasing/varying after uploaded from iPad to server with Summer 14 App" has been reported as Defect

External Defect Number : SMX015599.

Team is looking into it.

Thanks

Rupali Hindocha

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Rupali,

Has there been any progress on this?

This seems to be an issue as well with Winter 15/Winter 15 SP.  It looks like the default image file is uploaded uncompressed, in my case the image was 14MB when the image attached to a Work Order hit the server.  If e-mailed through the native iPad e-mail client, the image will be auto compressed to less than 300kb. 

Thanks,

Stephen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Retired
Retired

This will be fixed in Spring 15.